• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two Pietta Remingtons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I now have two Pietta repop Remington revolvers. One I bought a couple of years ago, and have shot it probably 24 times (+/-). Then recently I bought another one. Both were lightly used when I bought them. Both previous owners told me the guns had been fired about 10-12 times. They look almost identical except the grips are finished darker on one and the front sights are slightly different. However, the previous owner of the one I recently bought told me that he had disassembled and polished some of the internal parts in it. There is a noticable difference in the feel when cocking the hammers and letting them down gently (no dry firing my guns), with the triggers. My older one may get the same treatment. I believe I will disassemble both and see what surfaces have been polished on the newer one. It sure feels smoother.

Just smooth out all metal to metal contact, and don't read to deeply into people who say the hand , the bolt, the foot all have to sync up in the same millisecond of the cosmos so Samuel Colt smiles in his grave 😂Have fun.

I dunno if you've seen Mike Beliveau's video on polishing cap 'n ball revolvers yet, but it's been a great guide for me getting both my Pietas and my Ubertis to run more smoothly:

Just smooth out all metal to metal contact, and don't read to deeply into people who say the hand , the bolt, the foot all have to sync up in the same millisecond of the cosmos so Samuel Colt smiles in his grave 😂Have fun.

Hey!! That's all ya gotta do !! 😆
Timing doesn't mean a thing . . . (what's a "foot" ?).

I will buy Mikes beer to do mine. I am mechanically dangerous or so I've been told??? Now if I could just find a member to rework my CVA locks I'd be at least a danger at the range and in the deer woods HA!

I dunno if you've seen Mike Beliveau's video on polishing cap 'n ball revolvers yet, but it's been a great guide for me getting both my Pietas and my Ubertis to run more smoothly:

Just a hint about his process . . . files are better than stones. Stones change shape with each pass. Just passing on something from a Master tuner (my mentor). Got rid of any I had a dozen years ago.

Mike

IMG_1491.gif

I just watched Blackie Thomas' video on the Remington. I think I'm ready to fix mine.

Latest posts

Back