• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Winter build!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldhunter

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered my next build from Pecatonica! Can't wait for it (about a month out).
Ordered their Dickert in #3 curly with 38" swamped .54. Asked them to not inlet the lock, side plate, trigger, etc; just inlet the barrel and ramrod. Want to try the rest myself.

Waaaahooooo! Fun times. Maybe I should clean up my bench for the new arrival. :hmm:

Na, what I thinking. I'll just get messy again! :grin:

Sounds like a nice winter project!

I'm working on a scratch build right now, 62 caliber smooth rifle. About 17 years ago I cut down a Cherry and had it sawn into 2 1/2" planks. It's always been stored under cover and is about the most sound blank I've worked yet.

:hmm: As my daughter once said ( at age 13) ...."neatness is a sign of a sick mind"......She's now 43 and still says the same thing....where did I go wrong??? I'm a neat freak and still hang my clothes as if I were still in the Corps, and oh yeah, I keep fairly neat work benches. :confused: :rotf:

Goldhunter said:
Waaaahooooo! Fun times. Maybe I should clean up my bench for the new arrival. :hmm:

Na, what I thinking. I'll just get messy again! :grin:

:haha: The only time I clean is when I lose a part or can't walk around the shop anymore. :winking:

I clean it and it stays that way until the next small project and then BOOM, there it goes!

A clean work bench is indicitive of obsessive compulsive disorder or nothing to do. I read that in a book somewhere under all these papers on my desk.

Back