• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who made this barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulTBarton

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a T/C Hawken flintlock in .40 cal. On the bottom of the barrel is stamped a "M" in a circle.

Does anyone know who made this barrel for T/C?

Paul

Is it an "M" or two wavy M shaped lines (Green Mountain)?

$_3.JPG

A club member was shooting one of those barrels, Monday. It was the first time I've seen one, and it was impressive. I think he was shooting 25 or maybe 30 grains, and it was shooting a ragged hole at 25 yards.

It's definitely not wavy lines but a capital "M" in a full circle, on the bottom of the barrel.

If this indeed a GM barrel, it does shoot a ragged hole at 25 yards (so far). :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thanks!

BartSr

Looks like a factory original barrel in .45 cal(?)

If it doesn't say "For Black Powder Only" it's an earlier barrel.

But you say it's a .40 cal?

Over the years Douglas and Sharon made barrels for T/C. Sharon had a spade (like in cards) I believe, so perhaps yours is a Douglas(?). But why the bore would be smaller than .45 is a puzzle. You can make 'em larger but it don't grow back to make 'em smaller.

Picture shows a .45 caliber and uses a .440 RB. :surrender:

BartSr

P.S. StumpKiller posted a .40 cal picture and I made a mistake in caliber in first posting, SORRY! :surrender:

Stumpkiller said:
--- Over the years Douglas and Sharon made barrels for T/C. Sharon had a spade (like in cards) I believe, ---

You mean like this .50 cal T/C Hawken Perc barrel stamping?
hn50pk_sharon_b.jpg

BartSr

Well that makes my day. I now have a Sharon barreled .50 T/C Hawken percussion and a Douglas barreled .45 T/C Hawken flinter. Both pre-warning barrels.

BartSr
:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

PaulTBarton said:
Well that makes my day. I now have a Sharon barreled .50 T/C Hawken percussion and a Douglas barreled .45 T/C Hawken flinter. Both pre-warning barrels.

BartSr
:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Your a Lucky man! not too many of them out there any more.

Latest posts

Back