• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who is using a 32 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quarter a squirrel up put in pressure cooker at 10 lbs. for 15 minutes with some game stock. Then let cool drain and quick coating of Kentucky Colonel and pan fry. Can also pick meat off bones and make BBQ sandwiches or put it in dumplings or use as a substitute for beef or chicken in your favorite noodle dish. Good Healthy Lean Protein.

Quarter a squirrel up put in pressure cooker at 10 lbs. for 15 minutes with some game stock. Then let cool drain and quick coating of Kentucky Colonel and pan fry. Can also pick meat off bones and make BBQ sandwiches or put it in dumplings or use as a substitute for beef or chicken in your favorite noodle dish. Good Healthy Lean Protein.
We cooked the squirrels down, removed the meat from the bone and made a squirrel pie. Just like chicken pie.
Word of warning: never take it to a church function without telling those who get a bait to go on their plate, what it is.

Many squirrels have been introduced to my frying pan; but "brains", YUK!
Brainsss....braaaiinss.....bbbrains..........

We cooked the squirrels down, removed the meat from the bone and made a squirrel pie. Just like chicken pie.
Word of warning: never take it to a church function without telling those who get a bait to go on their plate, what it is.
My buddy's Mom used to make it batter fried. Front legs, back legs and saddle=5 pieces of heavenly chow. Oh, parboil 20 minutes first. Pretty much same for pigeons, doves and rabbits.

I have a .32 pedersoli frontier flintlock. I shoot a .315 prb , and .015 pillow ticking with mink oil . I have taken a many squirrel and rabbit s with her as well as raccoons shes deadly accurate and i would compare damage as to that of a 22 mag . I think i love that gun most of all . Cheap and fun to shoot

I have a pair of Pedersoli Frontiers in .32, one flint and the other percussion. Using 30 grains FFFg both will do one or one and a half inch groups at 50 yards. I feel there's room for improvement but haven't yet spent the time to figure out a new recipe.

On a very nice fall day some years back - all the planets aligned and I managed a perfect head shot on a squirrel at 25 yards with the flint. Like a little kid I went running to my wife to show it off. With a deadpan expression she took it from me to skin - then looked at me and says: "So, what are you waiting for? Go get another one."

Got a Dixie .32 SMR flintlock. it was a percussion when I bought it, but I bought the flint conversion lock. Best accuracy worked out to be 30 gr 3fg. Tree rats look like they have been hit with a 22WMR! Head shots only!!

It's actually been a good while since I've been out after squirrels. I always used 30 grains of 3F Goex, which was the most accurate load, and the "damage" was no different from the .22LR HPs I used to shoot them with.

almost finished with building one right now. SMR style kinda, with a GR Douglas barrel. gonna be my grouse and turkey supplier.
finished today! except for the sights. shot it with .316 conicals as thats all i have in 32. i think this is going to be one of my favorites.
my 32.jpg
20211124_151210.jpg

Was thinking about ordering some buckshot to try it, but smallest quantity is 8 lb bottle (@1300 balls) and decided I would never shoot that many! Went out this past Wednesday and fired up my lead pot and cast 120 .32 cal and 100 .40 cal and this will last me for awhile 😊. I don’t get to many ML shoots anymore so just occasional plinking.

I had a conversation with another club member last night . She questioned why anyone uses such a small caliber and squirrel hunting is all i could think of. I use shot for small game and the 32 doesn’t always knock steel down at matches.
Who is using the 32 and for what?
borrowed my buddys .32 cal would use for most small game up to racoon size. I have a cva .32 cal barrel 3/4 inch across flats and cannot find a stock. any ideas would be welcome, sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread

I had a conversation with another club member last night . She questioned why anyone uses such a small caliber and squirrel hunting is all i could think of. I use shot for small game and the 32 doesn’t always knock steel down at matches.
Who is using the 32 and for what?

Sportster, I use my 32 cal Traditions Crockett for squirrel and rabbits .
rabbits taken with running head shots :rolleyes:. My young grandchildren just love to shoot it as well as Hunter
Education students.
Gunny

Latest posts

Back