• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's .32 caliber SMR.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning, to all.

I would like to reach out to anyone that owns a SMR in .32 caliber, or .36 caliber. I originally had my mind set on .32, now I’m wondering about a .36.
I would like to hear from those who own one or both as mentioned above. I own a Crockett Rifle in .32, other than finding, or making the correct size patch it's easy to clean, and I really don't have a fouling problem. I know there is a big difference between 32” and 44”. Although it is .30 caliber minimum to legally take deer in Florida, I don’t see myself using it for deer, unless perfect shot was to fall in place. It will mostly be for squirrels, and just shooting targets. I don’t see many rabbits around here when hunting.

I would like to hear pros and cons from fellow forum members.

Thanks to all.
Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Do the 32! I have an older 32 from kibler with a 46” barrel, and it is aces! Squirrel killing machine and quiet.

Attachments

• C63A002B-8621-4CE0-9AD3-C1EE8D2834C8.jpeg
    C63A002B-8621-4CE0-9AD3-C1EE8D2834C8.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
i have a 36, it is a tack driver. but on squirrels it hurts them real bad! even with a light charge. if that was my only gold i would get a 32,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thank you, Olskool.
Squirrels is pretty my goal, and plinking around outback on some targets.
I appreciate your reply.

Take Care Stay Safe

I have a Crockett and a kibler smr in .36. I prefer the .36 to the .32. The hole it puts in a squirrel is only .04” bigger but the gun weighs less than a .32.

My kibler really shoots good! That being said there are a few things I dont care for. I don’t care for the 44” barrel, the crescent butt plate and the little set trigger, and you can’t shoot it with gloves on. I have to wear a glove with the trigger finger cut off to squirrel hunt.

Sooo, I’m in the process of building a new squirrel rifle with 38” barrel, single trigger with trigger guard size I can wear a glove with and a straighter butt plate. It is a .36 barrel. It is an Isaac Haines style rifle .

Hope this helps. We all have different likes and dislikes. Just my two cents.

I have a Crockett and a kibler smr in .36. I prefer the .36 to the .32. The hole it puts in a squirrel is only .04” bigger but the gun weighs less than a .32.

My kibler really shoots good! That being said there are a few things I dont care for. I don’t care for the 44” barrel, the crescent butt plate and the little set trigger, and you can’t shoot it with gloves on. I have to wear a glove with the trigger finger cut off to squirrel hunt.

Sooo, I’m in the process of building a new squirrel rifle with 38” barrel, single trigger with trigger guard size I can wear a glove with and a straighter butt plate. It is a .36 barrel. It is an Isaac Haines style rifle .

Hope this helps. We all have different likes and dislikes. Just my two cents.
Thank you, Jim.
That's exactly what I was looking for, as many two cents as possible.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

You stated for squirrel hunting and target shooting which will you be using it more? If like myself you will be doing more target shooting then I would opt for a .40 caliber. The wind will still bother it some but not like a .32 or a .36. I have had all three. won more matches with the .40 than any other rifle I have owned.

You stated for squirrel hunting and target shooting which will you be using it more? If like myself you will be doing more target shooting then I would opt for a .40 caliber. The wind will still bother it some but not like a .32 or a .36. I have had all three. won more matches with the .40 than any other rifle I have owned.
Ronald, thank you for your reply.
When I stated shooting targets, it just for fun in back yard, not serious competition. More squirrel hunting than anything else.

Thanks again for your advice.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

With eitheer one I recommend you buy a ball mold as availability to buy round balls for either caliber is impossible here. Good thing about the 36 is you can buy 000 buck in bulk and run it with no issues. Just something extra to think about

With eitheer one I recommend you buy a ball mold as availability to buy round balls for either caliber is impossible here. Good thing about the 36 is you can buy 000 buck in bulk and run it with no issues. Just something extra to think about
I've seen the 000 buck for .36 caliber a lot lately.
Thanks.

I've killed squirrels with every caliber but something about a .32 makes me wonder. Just my experience but always seems to be some variable of some sort. Finicky with a load or wind or something. A.40 caliber rifle has put a higher percentage of hits in my bag then any other. Never ruined meat more than any other caliber. Just my humble opinion.

I've killed squirrels with every caliber but something about a .32 makes me wonder. Just my experience but always seems to be some variable of some sort. Finicky with a load or wind or something. A.40 caliber rifle has put a higher percentage of hits in my bag then any other. Never ruined meat more than any other caliber. Just my humble opinion.
Thank you, Salty Cracker.
I, do appreciate your time and opinion.
Different opinions is what I was looking for. Been kicking this idea around for a good while now.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Latest posts

Back