• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

who is this famous person and what are the guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wife found this picture while doing her genealogy stuff. not a relative. just cool!
found a reversed? copy .
2E00547D5A614255B83982BA3B8711E9.png
Buffalo-Bill-the-hunter-Double-Barrelled-Travel.jpeg

Last edited:
At first I thought it was a modern staged picture.

But the priming cutout is on the left of the pistol frame.

Like Billy the Kids rifle.

The loading port appeared on the left side of the receiver.

Last edited:
Bottom left revolver may have a round barrel, maybe Confederate production such as Griswold & Gunnison?

The shape of the top rifles trigger guard reminds me of the PS Justice civil war muskets, but I don't know if he used that guard shape on sporting rifles.

Lower rifle is a Wesson 2 trigger, I think. One trigger opens it , the other fires it.

Yeah, I had to look it up but I knew I had seen a 2 trigger rifle before. Wesson is the only one I know of who made them. The open top on the right (Colt?) may be missing its loading lever. It’s my understanding that some photos of this era included props that were owned by photographers. It’s possible that Cody owned only a couple of these guns, or maybe none of them at all.

I have seen a trigger guard like that on another rifle but can’t place it. The top rifle isn’t very long compared to the Wesson. I’m adding I agree there are one or two Colts in the photo.

Latest posts

Back