• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A thanks from me.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hesitated making this post because it is so personal and I wrestled with deciding which forum to put it in. It is ml related. As most of you know, my wife passed away in January of this year. She had been an avid ml'er for many years. She won bunches of matches, medals and some trophies. One time, while hunting during the Arkansas ml season she bagged two deer in one day. Enneyhow......now the sad part. In her final months there was a noticeable deterioration of her mental status. As I have been going through her things I have found evidence that she had been slipping mentally for quite some time. What I had thought were simply annoying quirks of personality were really serious mental defects. Now, the reason for this post. I found, literally, buried and hidden in the back of a closet a large bag filled with mail and two books. The mail turned out to be get well cards to me in the year 2016. In that year I had to very major surgeries. A heart bypass-graft (5 way) early in the year, and later a tumor removed from my spinal cord. Serious stuff. Well, the unopened mail was dozens of get well cards sent to me but never given to me. All were unopened. And, the two books were of subjects related to the Rev. War. I am sure most of the cards were from members of this forum as were the books. Those who know me from this forum know I have a great interest in the Rev. War. I was never able to thank everyone for their consideration sending me those cards an books. So now, belated as it is I deeply and sincerely thank everyone for their expressions of love and concern. And, to whomever sent the books, I am now reading them. Love to all, thank you for being friends.

I wasn't part of the forum then, so I wasn't one who sent anything, but I hoped to offer a perspective. First, my heartfelt condolences on your loss, but also I'm thankful that you are having a chance to explore memories with your wife, in a way. It is a fine thing to experience, to learn "new" about someone you've known so well.
I wish for you to be blessed and comforted and to feel grace.

A wonderful post Rifleman 1776. I too am not one of the contributors to your little stash. But, I see you are making determined adjustments in the regards to the loss of your wife. I like to think she left you a treasure to find in that little bundle; it's wonderful, wonderful, that her failing mind hadn't set to destroy the artifacts sent to you from your friends.

My kindest regards to you and your forward journey.

Pete

SO a man I call friend seen here has continuing issues. Mine are going to have to be dealt with soon. the easy one I'm putting off till January cause it's only 5 month recovery and I'll be able to walk. The other, well I don't know, involves heart and lungs issues.
The real spur for this post came from a thought - From Tears To Cheers. We have our memories. And for me, believing in the promise.
I don't know what else to say. But thank you for reminding all of us why we care.

I hesitated making this post because it is so personal and I wrestled with deciding which forum to put it in. It is ml related. As most of you know, my wife passed away in January of this year. She had been an avid ml'er for many years. She won bunches of matches, medals and some trophies. One time, while hunting during the Arkansas ml season she bagged two deer in one day. Enneyhow......now the sad part. In her final months there was a noticeable deterioration of her mental status. As I have been going through her things I have found evidence that she had been slipping mentally for quite some time. What I had thought were simply annoying quirks of personality were really serious mental defects. Now, the reason for this post. I found, literally, buried and hidden in the back of a closet a large bag filled with mail and two books. The mail turned out to be get well cards to me in the year 2016. In that year I had to very major surgeries. A heart bypass-graft (5 way) early in the year, and later a tumor removed from my spinal cord. Serious stuff. Well, the unopened mail was dozens of get well cards sent to me but never given to me. All were unopened. And, the two books were of subjects related to the Rev. War. I am sure most of the cards were from members of this forum as were the books. Those who know me from this forum know I have a great interest in the Rev. War. I was never able to thank everyone for their consideration sending me those cards an books. So now, belated as it is I deeply and sincerely thank everyone for their expressions of love and concern. And, to whomever sent the books, I am now reading them. Love to all, thank you for being friends.
You are a valued member of this company!

Back