• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Junk yard find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bornintheussr

45 Cal.
Reaction score
So I decided I want to try to cast some round .454 balls for my cap and ball revolver, asked few friends who work in or around scrap yards to hook me up with couple buckets of led. This Friday morning one guy called and said he found one heavy plate but he is not sure if it's pure led. Long story short that's what I got from him for $20. New York Post circa 1977 newspaper printing plate. 'front says "City Suing Jets and Mets" and the other side says "Dylan's wife says he beats her"

Don't think this is led at all at anyway I would not melt anything like this for bullets, looks like it could be great sports or rock and roll memorabilia

Note I'm posting mirror reverse images

20230805_182623.jpg
ghows-NY-4b80397e-4b7b-25b0-e053-0100007ffaf9-ce1a0fe0.jpeg

Neat find! I think it would have more "value" preserved than melted down (not necessarily monetary value).

I would find some 70's-popular material like oak or even Formica and make an era- and/or location-appropriate style frame for it.

Could be used for cast bullets for modern cartridge guns. I'd melt that somebitch down in a heartbeat. That old newspaper stuff holds no value to me.

Back