• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where are the TC Seneca rifles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...The TC Seneca rifles. How come you very seldom see for sale or hardly anyone talking about having and using this TC rifle, that was popular years ago? .. I always thought that it was a nice slimmed down rifle...especially in the .36 cal configuration!

Rick

I owned one of the .36 Senecas. It was a handy little rifle and accounted for a great many woodchucks at relatively long range (with many more merely startled woodchucks at those ranges).

As you say, they seem to have vanished to closet corners and mantles as I haven't seen one in years.

They just never were very common, that's why T/C discontinued production, they didn't sell very well. Lots of people wanted a muzzleloader for big game, not so many were interested in squirrel rifles. I had one briefly but when offered considerably more than I paid for it I shed no tears in letting it go. I don't have good squirrel hunting anywhere near by. I do shoot an occasional marmot but not enough to justify a dedicated marmot rifle so the smallest caliber I presently own is a .45 and I use that only for rendezvous shoots, and the occasional marmot. :grin:

See them come up on ebay fairly regularly. Problem is they are often parted out and it can be challenging to try to buy the whole rifle.

There is one for sale right now in the Classified section of this forum. Go to Firearms For Sale, then page three. .45 cal. for $450.00 listed by SANTABOB

horner75 said:
...The TC Seneca rifles. How come you very seldom see for sale or hardly anyone talking about having and using this TC rifle, that was popular years ago? .. I always thought that it was a nice slimmed down rifle...especially in the .36 cal configuration!

Rick

Yep, nice rifle.

When folks part with something that is hard to find, later, they wish they had not, most likely the reason they are not for sale.

I have several early T/C's of different types, which do not come up often for sale.

I consider selling them at times since I do not shoot them, but I hesitate, because they are pristine and know that I cannot replace them in the future once they are gone.

My daughter has one in .36. It's a great little rifle...perfect for squirrel or turkey!

I have managed to acquire two of these beauties in trades, both .45 cal. On was surely a closet queen for many many years, serial #2003, had never been fired. It shoots great.
The other is a little newer, still pre-warning/Name on barrel. This one I will be mating a custom 32"
36 Cal. barrel to in the next few weeks. It should be good for squirrels to coyotes as I have a maxi mold for the 128gr.

Great litte gun

there are currently 3 on gunbroker. 2 are under rifles- blackpowder/muzzleloaders and have starting bids of $400.00 and $389.00. the other is under collectible firearms blackpowder/muzzleloaders and has a starting bid of $100.00 with a buy now price of $900.00. also, on evil-bay you can put together one in either 36 or 45 caliber for about 8 or 9 hundred bucks as there is 2 stock assemblies and 1 each 36 and 45 cal. barrels. for what it's worth, bubba.

While you will find a few renegade seneca and cherokees from time to time, the main tribes are in hidding waiting for the white man to let his guard down and then they will come out of hiding blazing away! :bow: :bow:

I've got a Seneca in 36 caliber and a Cherokee in 32 caliber. Not going to part with either one any time soon.

i must have lucked out.i just bought a t/c seneca and cherokee at a gun show (both in .45 )still in the box for $300. i saw both two month before at the same show, so i made him an offer. i guess good things do come to those who wait.

I'd say you really stole them, especially if they are new in the box. :shocked2:

I don't remember ever getting less than $250 each or more for the 3-4 used Seneca's I had and sold quite a few years back, and I got $450 for each of the two Cherokee's I sold the last few years that were used but still mint.

Being in the right place at the right time can have its rewards. :thumbsup:

WA

My wife has one fitted with a Douglas premium barrel and Redfield Olympic sights. She won stacks of medal in competition, mostly at Friendship, with that rifle. It is in our gun safe. :thumbsup:
Since I injured my shoulder I wouldn't mind having one. It could lift it.

Back