• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD TC White Mountain Carbine .50cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Tribe

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have a Thompson Center White Mountain Carbine for trade or sale. It's a percussion rifle in 50 caliber

This gun is in very good condition with no dings or scratches on the stock and the action is clean as well. Works perfectly and has an excellent bore that looks new. This is a very nice short barreled gun with a 22" barrel that is known to be very accurate with conicals with a fast twist rate of 1:20. It shoots best with a 360grain Lee Minie Ball and .490" patched round ball. This is great for a hunting gun that is very capable for deer and is also great for maneuvering in areas with thick brush etc. I had planned to keep this rifle for myself but would like to see what possible trade offers are out there but otherwise would let it go for sale at $500 + shipping

I would be interested in trades for percussion rifles and cap and ball revolvers. Will be + or - cash depending on the gun's value.

Percussion Rifles:
-TC Hawken, Cherokee, Seneca, or Scout
-Investarms Santa Fe Hawken .36
-Pedersoli Scout Carbine .32
-Traditions TN or PA Carbine
-Double Barrel Shotguns (Full sized, Coach Guns, Pedersoli Baker Cavalry, or Howdah Pistol)

Cap and Ball Revolvers:
-Remington Revolving Carbine
-1873 Cattleman
-1862 Pocket Police
-1860 Army Snub Nose
-Ruger Old Army
-Rogers & Spencer
-Spiller & Burr or Whitney Navy
-Whitneyville Dragoon or Walker

This long list is just some ideas I had, if you have other stuff that is similar or you think would be a good deal please feel free to offer. Not interested in long rifles or flintlocks at the moment.

I have feedback on other forums that can be shown as well.

Please direct offers to private messages
Thank you!

20240221_142027.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Great hunting rifle. I own one with two barrels, a .50 quick twist that shoots lead Great Plains bullets wonderfully, and a .54 barrel by Bob Hoyt in 1-48” that shoots round balls to the same place at 50 yards. Great, light and accurate rifles. If I did not already own one, I would jump all over this one.
Good guns

Great hunting rifle. I own one with two barrels, a .50 quick twist that shoots lead Great Plains bullets wonderfully, and a .54 barrel by Bob Hoyt in 1-48” that shoots round balls to the same place at 50 yards. Great, light and accurate rifles. If I did not already own one, I would jump all over this one.
Good guns
Thanks for the helpful input

And yeah these guns can swap barrels easily from what I've heard. This current setup also likes those 385grain Hornady Great Plains maxi ball as well, ideal for hunting. I have a box I could add to the rifle if someone wants.

I'm not 100% but have heard there is even a 12gauge barrel swap that it does well with.

Thanks for the helpful input

And yeah these guns can swap barrels easily from what I've heard. This current setup also likes those 385grain Hornady Great Plains maxi ball as well, ideal for hunting. I have a box I could add to the rifle if someone wants.

I'm not 100% but have heard there is even a 12gauge barrel swap that it does well with.
The 12gauge option is for the round barreled guns like the New Englander, Grey Hawk and Tree Hawk and a couple others.

Yeah the Hornady PA bullets are another good option for it. This rifle isn't bad with .490 RB with a .01" patch but definitely likes the conicals much more

A little history.
I worked for T/C in the late 1980’s, in the repair department. My boss was Mike French, he was a great guy, and a dedicated hunter. The White Mountain Carbine was his idea, and his concept was a short, light handy rifle for deer hunting in Maine and Northern New England. He nailed it with this gun.
His dad, Ken French was the general manager of the entire T/C plant. Great guy, and typical hard nosed , no nonsense Yankee from Maine. Great times, but the big woodshop fire changed everything.
You can ‘t go wrong with these guns.

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 0
A little history.
I worked for T/C in the late 1980’s, in the repair department. My boss was Mike French, he was a great guy, and a dedicated hunter. The White Mountain Carbine was his idea, and his concept was a short, light handy rifle for deer hunting in Maine and Northern New England. He nailed it with this gun.
His dad, Ken French was the general manager of the entire T/C plant. Great guy, and typical hard nosed , no nonsense Yankee from Maine. Great times, but the big woodshop fire changed everything.
You can ‘t go wrong with these guns.

That's an awesome bit of information. Thank you for sharing that.

I live in CT near where the original CVA, Traditions, and Lyman companies were located, I would have loved to work for oneof them back when they still made traditional type guns!

I forgot to mention that the gun has sling studs and has a stainless steel nipple (not sure the brand)

I will lower the price a bit for today and take $485 SHIPPED

Last edited:
That's an awesome bit of information. Thank you for sharing that.

I live in CT near where the original CVA, Traditions, and Lyman companies were located, I would have loved to work for oneof them back when they still made traditional type guns!

I forgot to mention that the gun has sling studs and has a upgraded stainless steel nipple (not sure the brand)

I will lower the price a bit for today and take $485 SHIPPED
Pm sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back