• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where are the TC Seneca rifles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My recently aquired T/C .45 Hawken looking rifle has the appearance of a so-called Seneca. Does not have "Hawken" on the barrel. Barrel is thinner than most T/C Hawkens. I emailed T/C with this info and serial number and, they emailed back that it is in fact, a Hawken with 1 in 48 twist.

Just out of curiousity.

RBK,
If your barrel measures 13/16 and the trigger guard does not have the finger hook your rifle is a Seneca. If your barrel measures 15/16 or 1 inch and the trigger guard has a finger hook plus a cap box you have a Hawken. Don't load a Seneca they way you would load a Hawken.

the man that sold the rifles to me, later fessed that his granddad hung them over his fireplace , and never used them, as he preferred his 50 t/c hawken. he kept them oiled and clean, but never used them.they found the original boxes ,paperwork and bill of sales, in the old man's gun room. you know on sites like ebay, i've seen lock,stock and brass without the barrel go for as much as $400. what's the deal with that ?

Got 1 32 Cherokee and 3 Seneca.2-45's and a 36.Will sell for $1,000 each. :grin:

panail said:
i must have lucked out.i just bought a t/c seneca and cherokee at a gun show (both in .45 )still in the box for $300. i saw both two month before at the same show, so i made him an offer. i guess good things do come to those who wait.

I guess I was more luckier then you. I found one at a swap meet for $125:

45Cal1_zpsbab20753.jpg

Soon as it gets a little warmer I will shoot it.

I know this is an old thread but I saw your post and thought that serial number looked familiar. My 36 Seneca is serial #2005. I bought it new in the early 1970's, it still shoots good. I always thought the Seneca's were the best looking product TC ever made.

Back