• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ya got??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyman Great plains flintlock in .54 caliber.
TVM Late Lancaster flintlock kit gun that I built, also in .54 caliber.
TVM Poor boy flintlock kit gun that I built in .62 cal.
.32 Caliber flintlock squirrel gun that I built from parts I ordered piecemeal.
Thompson Center Renegade .50 cal percussion (safe queen)
.75 caliber matchlock kit from The Rifle Shoppe ( work in progress, will finish one day).

Leonard Day Dutch trade gun, Mike Brooks Carolina gun, Clay Smith barn rifle, a few originals and a bunch of junk that I ought to get rid of!

2 T/C Renegade flintlocks. 50 cal
A .54 percussion Renegade
A.50 percussion laminate stocked T/C Hawken
And, soon to be on the way, a signed Gary White sporting rifle. Percussion. 45 caliber

Haven't owned a muzzleloader since 1996. I would like to make a few this summer. I've made nearly 400, I figure its time to own a couple. Squirrel gun first, then a target rifle, then a 9 bore turkey buster.
Mike that is surprising! All those beautiful rifles and you made not one for yourself, wow. What muzzleloader do you shoot ?

original .34 half stock perc rifle
original .37 half stock perc short barrel rifle
original .38 full stock perc rifle
contemporary .40 full stock flint rifle
original .42 half stock mule ear perc rifle
original .45 half stock perc rifle
Pietta Smith carbine
original D.H. Hilliard .52 underhammer perc short barrel smoothbore
contemporary Jackie Brown Carolina gun .56 smoothbore flint
original Jaeger flint to perc converted .71 smoothbore
contemporary 12 gauge canoe gun flint
contemporary 12 gauge NWTG left hand flint

All are good shooters except the Jaeger which is a work in progress right now.

Last edited:
Mike that is surprising! All those beautiful rifles and you made not one for yourself, wow. What muzzleloader do you shoot ?
I don't. I shoot antique marlins and winchesters, BPC levergun stuff. And schuetzen rifles. So my shooting urges are well covered.

Two TC Hawkens percussion, one I built from a kit, one I made up from an old stock I refinished and a new GM barrel.
A .44 flint with a roler lock and bill large barrel.
A 20ga Gustomsky trade gun
A real contemporary Bogle rifle in percussion made by the current Joe Bogle, great (5 times) grandson of Joseph Bogle.
A sorta' Beck flint rifle I made in .54, the first rifle I built and kinda' ugly.
A .40 flint TN squirrel rifle I made.
A flint English fowler I made in .72
An Issac Haynes flint in .54, my pre-carve from hell rifle.

Unfortunately, all of the above were lost in a tragic boat fire that burned to the waterline and later sank in 900 ft of water.

I only have one

But I'm young and Im getting more and more addicted to bp every time I pull the trigger.

I have a few unmentionables but I hopefully in the future I'll be able to grow my collection of flintlocks ( only thing I'm interested in)

Back