• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had our little club match shoot today. One I won't forget for a while. Got up at 6am, loaded up the guns, loading stand, flask, spouts, RB's, ram rods, special patches and wads, caps, fixture and "C" clamp for loading the Hawken. All set, good to go. Get on the firing line, "Load up and commence firing". And then, ooops-NO GUNPOWDER! Dryballing would have been less embarrassing! I was starting to just pack up and sneak off back home when a fellow competitor asked whats up and ended up lending me enough powder for the match. Great people there. Gotta remember that basic rule: FIRST the powder, then the ball, or you ain't going to shoot at all!

Tail end of winter storm, headed out to the range/camp today and rang some steel. 19F so a little tough on the fingers but got a half dozen shots off anyway. Did a little trekking as well, no bear tracks this time around, lots of deer and a few elk tracks too.

Feb 4th Piikani Camp 2024 a.jpg

i finally got around to making a main spring to replace the one that shattered like glass in my spare Haddaway lock.
powder coated some REAL 325's for my double 50. don't bother. didn't change anything i could tell.
waiting on a package from muzzleloaderbuildersupply.com. so far i have butchered two breech plug tangs on this build. not going well at all.

was going to try to do a bit of shooting today went out to the ridge where I usually set up my targets and it's kind of eerie the fog is so thick I can't see what's behind it and it's made me a little uneasy , don't like shooting when I can't see what's out there even though I know it's just a bunch of hills, even though I'm shooting into a hillside I can't see more than about 100 yd

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_083458.jpg
    IMG_20240205_083458.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Worked on my trail walk course again today. Welded up another angle iron frame for a 14" square plate and got it set down there. Thought I took a photo of at least one of the targets, but it's not in my phone. Senior moment, I reckon. I still have a ways to go to get it all up to snuff.
I don't like using plates because the balls and bullets splatter I like to shoot into piles of dirt behind my wooden Target so that someday somebody can find my bullets or that someday I can go take them back out and reuse them if I need to.
Not trying to tell you what to do or complain just commenting

Latest posts

Back