• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a bit of a problem with a flask, this is a fairly old flask that I got at the very first rendezvous I went to,
It's one of the copper pear-shaped styles,

Didn't get any shooting done today I've got called to work which is fine because I need money, but when I got back in I found that my flask is leaking out of the spout, my flask was upside down in my ammu bag and about half of the powder ran out because it's not sealin correctly when the little spring loaded lever is released it doesn't seem to be sealing correctly.

I've never had one of these apart but I suspect I'm going to have to take it apart and see if something needs tightened up

Having a bit of a problem with a flask, this is a fairly old flask that I got at the very first rendezvous I went to,
It's one of the copper pear-shaped styles,

Didn't get any shooting done today I've got called to work which is fine because I need money, but when I got back in I found that my flask is leaking out of the spout, my flask was upside down in my ammu bag and about half of the powder ran out because it's not sealin correctly when the little spring loaded lever is released it doesn't seem to be sealing correctly.

I've never had one of these apart but I suspect I'm going to have to take it apart and see if something needs tightened up
Copper flasks usually have brass fittings, I think. It may be a buildup of the green funk that forms on brass preventing it from closing completely

Won't have time to do anything with it now I got to get to work there's snow on the way and we got to get a heap of things done while we can be mobile.

But this is the type of powder flask I have that is leaking I stuck a piece of a patch in there to keep it from leaking out while I headed home,

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_215003.jpg
    IMG_20240205_215003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Won't have time to do anything with it now I got to get to work there's snow on the way and we got to get a heap of things done while we can be mobile.

But this is the type of flash I have that is leaking I stuck a piece of a patch in there to keep it from leaking out while I headed home,
Could just need cleaning, could be the spring (my idea on the 2 most likely issues). Both are easily fixed. Let the snow fall, get indoors, and start with a good cleaning. You'll have it functioning properly in no time.

fitted breech plug #3 and managed to avoid ruining it this time. even got the rear tang screw hole drilled without a disaster.
cleaned my CVA .50 double after shooting it yesterday. was feeling punk yesterday. today i am just feeling goth. wife accused me of looking like a zombie!

Last edited:
Received the Pedersoli SxS 10 gauge in the mail today. She's a beauty. I think I'll nickname her "WW" for waterfowl widow maker. I hope some of y'all have seen the old "T.K and Mike" videos from the old days...
Now I have to go burn some powder and learn to shoot it.

Received the Pedersoli SxS 10 gauge in the mail today. She's a beauty. I think I'll nickname her "WW" for waterfowl widow maker. I hope some of y'all have seen the old "T.K and Mike" videos from the old days...
Now I have to go burn some powder and learn to shoot it.
Ole WW! I hadn’t thought about those videos in years. Remember when their $5 dog took off? 😂

Over the past two days I welded 8 more target stands and made a couple of hanging targets for the trail walk course. Five of the stands are to replace targets I’ve found to be a bit heavy. I have trouble seeing movement on them with a .40 cal., so someone shooting a .32 or .36 probably won’t be able to detect a hit. The replacements have lighter weight swingers. I’ll use the heavy ones for my unmentionables.

Also glued golf balls to the side of a piece of log. It’ll get tied to a trash tree in profile.

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg

Back