• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Show

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first post so not sure where it would go. I built a TC Hawken about 40 years ago and have not shot in years. I still have the TC but that is all. I went to my first Muzzleloading Show over the weekend and it was not what I was expecting. First, it was a nice show and I enjoyed myself.

There were about 60 tables. I was expecting rifles and kits for sale. No kits and about 20 muzzleloaders. I thought there would be more. There was no power of any kind, no lead balls, and no caps. About ten locks and no triggers. These were the things I was expecting.

Question? Were my expectations to high? Is this a typical BP show. Are there any like I was thinking. If so, where? I am in Southern Illinois and am willing to go about 4 hrs away if necessary.

Again it was a nice show and I did enjoy myself. This is not a complaint -just wanted more.

757AD37E-401D-4BBD-A151-2CFC08DBF1B1.jpeg

Welcome too the Forum

Go to the Kalamazoo show mentioned above! You will be blown away by the size and the huge variety of weapons, accessories, clothing, etc. for the reenactor and muzzleloader shooter.

Definitely depends on the show. Some are very good with guns, parts, accessories and builders. I've been to one or two that were really just guys displaying their collections and not really anything for sale. I think the best shows have seminars and classes -they're larger with better attendance.

Definitely depends on the show. Some are very good with guns, parts, accessories and builders. I've been to one or two that were really just guys displaying their collections and not really anything for sale. I think the best shows have seminars and classes -they're larger with better attendance.😭

Definitely depends on the show. Some are very good with guns, parts, accessories and builders. I've been to one or two that were really just guys displaying their collections and not really anything for sale. I think the best shows have seminars and classes -they're larger with better attendance.
😭 our gun show hear is sure nothing to right home about but it is an outing .

Illinois? The state where you need a FOID card to own a reproduction muzzleloader? I’ve never been to a decent gun show there, no offense.

Our annual Hannibal show had more muzzle loaders than any previous. Turns Out one dealer bought out a collector. Only a few originals and everything else was either common/beat up or just plain priced stupid high. $30 for powder (Graf's). $35 for pyrodex pellets old enough to vote, etc. It's not a blackpowder show and temps were around 10 degrees part of the time.

At least the smelly candle ladies and such were not there. Surely some one could do a Missouri black powder show? Anybody.

Our annual Hannibal show had more muzzle loaders than any previous. Turns Out one dealer bought out a collector. Only a few originals and everything else was either common/beat up or just plain priced stupid high. $30 for powder (Graf's). $35 for pyrodex pellets old enough to vote, etc. It's not a blackpowder show and temps were around 10 degrees part of the time.

At least the smelly candle ladies and such were not there. Surely some one could do a Missouri black powder show? Anybody.
I have enough guns and accessories to set up several tables pick a place and we'll do one. I live just a little south of you. :thumb: I'm assuming the one in Hannibal was at the old POW camp?

I have never been to a bp specific show. Did my shopping at rondevous . My local all gun club has an annual show. I usually bring several bp guns and place them on my fathers table. Purchased several at these type shows.

I do not have the current dates but the Prairie State Longrifle Show in Princeton IL usually had quite a few originals. You can probably google them.

There is a mediocre show in Sullivan put on by Prairieland Frontiersmen on the 8th of March starting at noon and on Saturday. Not a lot of guns but usually a few.
Can not remember the traders name but there is one there that has lots of ML builders supplies, Aqua Fortis, screws, flints yada yada.
Knives, pelts and the usual stuff.

This is my first post so not sure where it would go. I built a TC Hawken about 40 years ago and have not shot in years. I still have the TC but that is all. I went to my first Muzzleloading Show over the weekend and it was not what I was expecting. First, it was a nice show and I enjoyed myself.

There were about 60 tables. I was expecting rifles and kits for sale. No kits and about 20 muzzleloaders. I thought there would be more. There was no power of any kind, no lead balls, and no caps. About ten locks and no triggers. These were the things I was expecting.

Question? Were my expectations to high? Is this a typical BP show. Are there any like I was thinking. If so, where? I am in Southern Illinois and am willing to go about 4 hrs away if necessary.

Again it was a nice show and I did enjoy myself. This is not a complaint -just wanted more.
Become a member of the National Muzzle loading Rifle Association . The magazine Muzzle Blasts will have a page for all the shows .

Back