• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only the queen will survive the winter, the others will die after a freeze or two. The queen will hibernate/overwinter in a hollow tree, a crevice, anywhere that offers a little protection. She will come out in the spring, begin the ground work for a new nest and lay eggs, then the colony grows from there until winter comes again. They don't reuse the old nest. The "gueen only" survival is the rule for wasp, hornets, and most bees. Only the honeybee maintains a colony throughout the winter.

I’ve wondered how much trouble it would be and how much it would cost for someone in England to send me a flint nodule.
An outrageous cost, and so much waste Yes nodules fall from mates chalk quarry range up in Norfolk , most surface nodules get broken up on farm fields locally I pick up bits here and there , I am in London clay “ “claygate” village west of London. But chalk starts 10 miles south of me and runs down to the sea , so flint everywhere I enjoy sitting in the sun chipping away. I am not good enough to start exporting ha ha. I wish you well

Hopefully I'm okay. The shop was heated all day and there didn't seem to be any life when I took it down and looked in it. Sealed it in a ziplock before I took it in the house just to be sure. Great advice...they can be feisty little buggers.
They sure can! Not sure what variety you have up in Alaska, but some of the ones we have here have pretty bad attitudes and they can fly faster than you can run.

Just got home from the North Carolina NMLRA Territorial. A great club, well disciplined and a great group of people. I was disappointed in the turnout and that in itself gives me concern for the future of this sport. Enjoyed the shooting and visiting with those that did come. Came home tired with 5 partially cleaned long guns.

Finished dbl barrel 12 gauge that was gifted to me by an old family friend. He had found it at a garage sale parts in zip lock bags and a very messed up stock. Had been in storage for decades. Luckily he lived up in the dry mountain air so very little rust. I made an ebony but plate and gave what needed a blueing. You CVA haters go ahead and hate but I love this gun.
I have this shotgun, it was already finished & looked like it had never been shot. I haven't used it too much, but really enjoy shooting it.

Just finished giving more life to this .32 squirrel. Boy it was so abused and the stock took alot of makeup to look purdy. Not a show room model but a functional tool.

Attachments

• 20230403_152055.jpg
    20230403_152055.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230403_152007.jpg
    20230403_152007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230403_151936.jpg
    20230403_151936.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230403_152043.jpg
    20230403_152043.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Received my T/C aperture sight. N.I.B. in its blister pack. Nice patina on the packaging...
Ordered another to replace the damaged one on my flintlock Renegade.
This is getting expensive...

They sure can! Not sure what variety you have up in Alaska, but some of the ones we have here have pretty bad attitudes and they can fly faster than you can run.
That sounds like ours. At least I know they have no qualms about pressing an attack on anyone getting even moderately close to their nest When I get all of our firewood cut for the season without getting stung multiple times I feel like I've gotten away with something.

Beautiful.

So many times my browned pieces come out dry and crusty looking.

That thing glistens.
Thank you. I polished to 800 grit and used a humidity chamber made from PVC pipe and kept it next to the woodstove for warmth. Carded the rust every 12 hours with 0000 steel wool. This barrel took about one week.

Thank you. I polished to 800 grit and used a humidity chamber made from PVC pipe and kept it next to the woodstove for warmth. Carded the rust every 12 hours with 0000 steel wool. This barrel took about one week.
I gots to try me some of that.

To help us understand the process: Did you reapply the browning solution after every 12 hour carding or apply the solution just one time?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back