• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed a really messed up dovetail on miroku barrel.

Attachments

• 20230403_204600.jpg
    20230403_204600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230404_170206.jpg
    20230404_170206.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Started engraving a horn today. I didn’t realize what I was getting into! Eight solid hours and half way there I think.
It seems this horn is harder to scrimshaw than others. I have had a challenge with my stylus skidding on the surface and not scraping as usual. Makes for painstaking work.

Attachments

• 135A5312-84BE-4D03-9154-301DA910DBD5.jpeg
    135A5312-84BE-4D03-9154-301DA910DBD5.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Started engraving a horn today. I didn’t realize what I was getting into! Eight solid hours and half way there I think.
It seems this horn is harder to scrimshaw than others. I have had a challenge with my stylus skidding on the surface and not scraping as usual. Makes for painstaking work.
does it ever help to warm the horn first?

started the day in my bullet garden harvesting bullets and balls. snow is going off quick and the lead is just laying about for picking up.
got sidetracked by my boat. cleaned cedar fronds out of it.
got sidetracked from that by a newly browned barrel that needed waxed.
time for a nap.
20230405_105253.jpg

started the day in my bullet garden harvesting bullets and balls. snow is going off quick and the lead is just laying about for picking up.
got sidetracked by my boat. cleaned cedar fronds out of it.
got sidetracked from that by a newly browned barrel that needed waxed.
time for a nap.View attachment 212694
Life is good.

Forgot to attach pictures.
Nice casting, Sir. That's a big bullet. What rifle are you going to use those beauties in? And results too, mate. I'm expecting a report, if you can oblige? I checked out the weather report on the 'net, and it tells me you are going to have some lovely clear days for the next week or so - great casting weather, and nice to get to send those to the target.

Cheers, Pete

Nice casting, Sir. That's a big bullet. What rifle are you going to use those beauties in? And results too, mate. I'm expecting a report, if you can oblige? I checked out the weather report on the 'net, and it tells me you are going to have some lovely clear days for the next week or so - great casting weather, and nice to get to send those to the target.

Cheers, Pete
Got a Lyman Great Planes for big game hunting. Casting .58 RB's today for my mountain gun. I love big calibers in all my guns. Will you up dated on the outcome.

Back