• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is your favorite wax for your stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my own blend of beeswax, carnauba wax and mineral oil. Melt together and cool to a paste. Apply by hand to everything, wood and steel, all surfaces including under the butt pad and barrel channel. Beeswax doesn’t degrade/rot. Mineral oil doesn’t rancid. Carnauba adds some gloss. Hand rubbing to warm it then buff with a piece of t shirt cloth. Works well for me and customers love it. Plus it smells good👍

I've used Gun Glow from Shiloh for almost 15 years as the final wipedown on all wood and metal for almost 15 years. A little bit goes a long way. I'm only on my second bottle.

I have used Renaissance Wax for everything, wood and metal, but what do you like for the best glow and protect your guns?

Amazon has it is unisex adult!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012S1XBO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
When I was stationed in California 30 years ago, I had a CW4 that got me into muzzle loading. When I got my first rifle he handed me a small jar of wax?? That he had me hand rub into my stock. It made the wood so beautiful and to this day it looks the same. I have no idea if it was home made or from a store.

Hi All, Thanks for all the info. Question on Briwax: Never heard of it before this thread. Does all of it have stain in it? Or are folks using the tounge oil? I have used a mix of bees wax and oil for a rub in the past, also Johnsons on the table saw, but always looking for a better mousetrap...thanks

I only apply wax in the barrel channels and installing the barrel will squeeze out some to wipe off. This keeps rain from running to the pan. Prevents rust too.

Hi All, Thanks for all the info. Question on Briwax: Never heard of it before this thread. Does all of it have stain in it? Or are folks using the tounge oil? I have used a mix of bees wax and oil for a rub in the past, also Johnsons on the table saw, but always looking for a better mousetrap...thanks
I apply 2 coats of Pure Tung Oil 24 hours apart, then let dry for 2 days. Then 2 applications of BriWax at lease 12 hours apart. I let the BriWax dry over night before I handle the gun. BriWax comes in clear and many different shades. I use the clear, light brown and dark brown. Depending on the stain on the stock. Semper Fi.

Latest posts

Back