• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your favorite metal /wood finish

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
What look do you like best on a muzzeloader rifle?,PC and all that aside.
Mine is curly maple in a medium dark brown with lighter stripes on wood with a in the white metal but kind of darken Ever so lightly so I guess real light grey.
Those two together are my favorite. That being said I likem all.
So what's your favorite?

What look do you like best on a muzzeloader rifle?
Proper fitting and shape. Color doesn't matter, aging doesn't matter,,
It's all about being able to capture the tight fit of the components and those graceful, functioning lines that "flow" with the classics.
slapping a fancy color on a 2x4 don't make it pretty,,

Not a traditionalist like many here, cut my teeth on blue steel and walnut prior to interest in BP firearms. However I am a big fab of cherry, no stain. Cherry ages nicely and I know that people use various processes to accelerate that process (I've done so myself on some items I've made with cherry)...

That said and tradition aside my preference would be unstained cherry and hot blued steel, any brass would have a matte finish, not too shiny.

Back