• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is a .50 Clements?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_fare

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Read something on another thread about a .50 Clements. Can you guys give me some info on this?

Youd have to do a search here but 6 month's ago maybe a year this one came up and another one that both looked like power plus. ( Sorry cant remember the name of other company.) Fred :hatsoff:

The article sed he wanted a cap and ball hand gun that would handle Texas game, Well I think he got one that will handle more. To bad he waisted his money as cap & ball revolver is not leagle for hunting big game in Texas.

Muzzleloader: Any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle. Note: A cap and ball firearm in which the powder and ball are loaded into a cylinder is not a muzzleloader. Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms only.
That is from TPWD here is the link http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/means/
If he shoots any none exotic game with that gun in Texas he is breaking the law. Now Hogs are fine and I would like to have his gun as some security while bow hunting the pigs ware it would be leagle

For the most part, But it can be weird. Was hunting hogs in Sam Houston Natl forest last weekend. I had a Ruger Old Army in a holster as i had just bought it and wanted to shoot it to try out. Now I was primarily using a bow . I was stopped and checked all went well. I was told it was not leagle to Carey the gun as a back up on public (National Forest) exposed or other wise. Things are different between public and private property, But I know for a fact that if that man shoots any big game other then Hogs or exotics with that gun he will get a fat fine. Remember that it is up to the Game warden to write it, and up to you (us) to fight it.

Funny , I guess its what you call them, here in east Tex some county's have put bountys on hogs - shoot all you want PLEASE ! Fred :hatsoff:

Pm me ware they want them removed. I have a few friends who will be glad to try and put a dent in your pig population as long as there are no feeders.

Not surprised about the national forest-or any of the state-owned land either. The number of game wardens rivals the head count of hunters or wild game and the number of rules and regulations outnumber all of them. There are still quite a few hunters in Texas but the trend is toward finding another hobby.

Here in NC the carrying of a side-arm during bow or muzzleload season is not allowed - either BP or modern - by state regulations. during gun season they are allowed as a hunting firearm as long as barrel length is 6+"'s. In the National forest and State forest during closed season only a .22 sidearm is allowed and not concealed unless the carrier has CCW permit.

Was legal and may still be, to have a shotgun with shot no larger than #6 in camp during archery season. The national forests generally go by state law in regard to ccw but, I suspect they could make up rules as they go along.

Latest posts

Back