• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA .50 HAWKEN PISTOL PARTS NEEDED

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holdem07

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in search of a trigger guard for a CVA Hawken Pistol .50 cal. If you have one please message me and include the price you are selling it for. Might be interested in a pistol kit if you
1000007485.jpg
have one.

Check out Deer Creek Products. They sell a lot of old stock CVA parts. Good people.

If you can’t find a replacement, I’ll bet that could be silver soldered. The repair would not be invisible but it would be inconspicuous. A lot of old guns have come down through the years with repairs, and broken trigger guards were not that uncommon.

Deer Creek Products might be your best bet for a replacement, though. They are a good outfit to deal with.

Good luck with it!

Notchy Bob

Thank you! I tried Deer Creek Products and unfortunately they did not have the part. I will try looking into getting soldered, thanks for that recommendation. I appreciate the replys

I had a colonial pistol that had a broken trigger guard. The pistol was a beater and I didn’t want to spend the money with Deer Creek. Like Notchy Bob said, I soldered it and wrapped in fine wire and rubbed it with brass black. I tried to create the appearance of what might have happed if a mountain man had to do the repair afield.
Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpeg
    IMG_1508.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1507.jpeg
    IMG_1507.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I had a colonial pistol that had a broken trigger guard. The pistol was a beater and I didn’t want to spend the money with Deer Creek. Like Notchy Bob said, I soldered it and wrapped in fine wire and rubbed it with brass black. I tried to create the appearance of what might have happed if a mountain man had to do the repair afield.
Good luck.
That looks awesome! I really like that idea and it looks great!

That looks awesome! I really like that idea and it looks great!
Thank you. This was done maybe ten years ago but I think I melted more soldier over the wire. I lightly pounded the wire to make it flatter but not thin flat. After I wrapped it I applied brass black.
Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpeg
    IMG_1509.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I think brazing it would be stronger. Find someone who does aerospace welding and see what they say. With a file when done and some fine sanding, it should look nice. They might want it on the gun to have the correct angle, then finish it on the welding table. If the gun means a lot to you, find a foundry. You can epoxy the piece together then make a mold and lost wax process to pour a new one. A file, sand paper and buffing solves the issue. Or look for a rusty old one and use it for parts. Depends how far you want to go on it and what it means to you.

Back