• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a muzzle loading forum and this thread was going so far off of that area I was giving serious thought to closing it. If we get back to rehashing old army experiences or rebuilding truck engines or the like, I'll close this thread.
Zonie I have fought this problem on a half dozen threads, thank you for having the guts of telling it the way it's to be. Most worry they may hurt someone's feelings, so be it ........

Zonie I have fought this problem on a half dozen threads, thank you for having the guts of telling it the way it's to be. Most worry they may hurt someone's feelings, so be it ........

I agree with getting the topic back on track, but when it comes to a couple of Vietnam veterans discussing some of their experiences I think there could be a nicer way of putting it. And maybe a "Thank you for your service" slipped in there somewhere...

I agree with getting the topic back on track, but when it comes to a couple of Vietnam veterans discussing some of their experiences I think there could be a nicer way of putting it. And maybe a "Thank you for your service" slipped in there somewhere...
Been there-done that. Zonie why not have a thread for just this subject, that may get these guys off the muzzle-loading areas.

Wow! Those men went to war so you can continue to have the right to shoot these ML we all love, and that's the respect you show them? I'm done talking to you buddy.
My comment had nothing to do with respecting or not, I spent a few years in Cambodia in the '60's myself. Like Zonie said "this is for muzzle-loading and topics related to that subject". The word respect was never mentioned until you brought it up.

Not today, but in the past week or so. Made a couple of crude short starters/loading rods. The one with the brass ends has 30 cal rifle cases and is for 36 cal. The one with just wood ends is for 45 cal. The handles came off an apple tree in the yard. Haven't used either of them yet, but they can be modified...or tossed. 😋
IMG_20210202_180316834.jpg

I have been working on a gun for over a year, this one took the wind out of my sails because it was a flawed precarve. I lack very little to finish it but a bad hip replacement took the rest of the wind out of my sails so shop time has been spotty.

Every now and then I will work on it just a little, standing in the shop get uncomfortable after a couple of hours but I am enjoying what work I am doing on the gun. When I finish inletting the toe plate I am done except for excess wood removal on the stock.

I countersunk and installed the buttplate screws;
buttplate screw.JPG

And started the toe plate in;
toe plate.JPG

I work real slowly, I had hoped to hunt with the rifle this year but stuff got in the way.

Completed my kitchen addition....

ADA3D430-BF26-4A1E-9A72-0D09C7BA3C84.jpeg

B206D277-5960-4451-B293-73F0D5552E8C.jpeg

Thank You Ames for your inspiration!
Not as well done as yours, but it serves the purpose.Salt & Pepper

Wind chill roughly -25 to -30 F at the moment.
Inventoried my percussion caps.
Found some Fiocchi #327 I forgot I had, seem to equate to #10's in size.

Exciting times.

Cant Kill Phil its not politely correct per the Government :horseback:
LOL - the underground menaces that dig burrows that livestock breaks legs in in the great State of Texas are hunted unmercifully.
All fair game, no limits! And dang fun to go after.
As a young lad when ammunition was too expensive to waste we would go "fishing for the dawgs........."
2' steel leader, heavy braided line, a stout catfish rated pole with a tough spool reel.
That's a sport unequaled in the fun zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back