• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a little more casting this morning.
Will get these through the sizer-luber at .451 and see how they shoot. Will be loading these like a Lee Real - engraving on loading for a 45 cal percussion.
Will be lubing with a carnauba-beeswax-olive mix made for hotter weather.
20210704_110732.jpg
20210704_110723.jpg
20210704_110727.jpg

i just fired off a 13 shot session . one shot for each colony. so hot i almost didn't get to 13.
kept hitting about 4 inches high. tried just sighting low but my eye and brain overrode my intent and pulled the shots back up.
next to the last shot i said to the old fool behind the gun, "you old fool, there is a screw on top of that rear sight!"
next 2 were like a laser pointer.
now i have to finish some wild lettuce extract.

I messed around looking for bike parts that have been moved around numerous times, and repaired a plug I managed to break when setting up the sidecar mounts, then worked on the sidecar headlight wires. I may try for a different plug than a flat 4 trailer plug, it will be coming out from between the front of the tanks and tying in to the wiring in the dash.

Took the Hakenbusche out in the back yard to join in some of the July 4th fun going on in our area.
Loaded it with powder and a card - just to make some noise.
50 gr - pretty good.
100gr - pretty loud
150gr - window rattler
200gr - wife shut me down - the dog was hiding under the table whimpering, Lights in houses on the other side of the greenbelt (200 yards away) were coming on.
So I relented.
Dang that was fun!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xY1FjCgznN7LDLC97

Wife gone to mind our sons dogs for 3 days while he is out of town. Been in the 90's and humid so the dog and I went early and tilled the garden. Took one onion to test, smells strong. Gonna be good!!

Don

My son and family came to visit from Austin, first visit in two years because of covid. My granddaughter is 16 and has really grown since I saw her last, she is almost 6FT tall.

Being an archery guy I bought her a cheap Chinese target bow a few years ago to shoot while she was here, it actually turned out to be a great shooting bow and only cost $75. I could have made her a bow but didn't want to jump into such an involved project not knowing if archery would interest her or not. The target recurve is much easier to shoot with carbon arrows than one of my bows with wood arrows.

During this visit she really got the hang of shooing her bow and couldn't put it down all weekend. She has left her bow at my house in the past but this time she wanted to take it home with her, she even googled archery ranges in Austin and found one close to her house.

Looks like she has been bitten by the archery bug, which is a good thing.

archer Teagan.jpg

Getting Ready.jpg

Today I completed stage two of making some paper cartridges for my Enfield.

I have forty made up already but as SWIMBO is off coulour at the moment I don't want to stray too far.

I shall out the bullets in the end and wrap with my outer wrapper (I'm usung greaseproof powder for that) I won't put the powder in and tie off the end until just before I shoot.

I have also boiled some pork ribs and made the sweet/spicy sticky sauce. Once they have marinated for a couple of hours I'll bakem them in a slow oven for an hour and.............

My son and family came to visit from Austin, first visit in two years because of covid. My granddaughter is 16 and has really grown since I saw her last, she is almost 6FT tall.

Being an archery guy I bought her a cheap Chinese target bow a few years ago to shoot while she was here, it actually turned out to be a great shooting bow and only cost $75. I could have made her a bow but didn't want to jump into such an involved project not knowing if archery would interest her or not. The target recurve is much easier to shoot with carbon arrows than one of my bows with wood arrows.

During this visit she really got the hang of shooing her bow and couldn't put it down all weekend. She has left her bow at my house in the past but this time she wanted to take it home with her, she even googled archery ranges in Austin and found one close to her house.

Looks like she has been bitten by the archery bug, which is a good thing.

View attachment 83935
Pretty cool!

Well, actually I've done nothing today. I have a new book on my Kindle so maybe I'll read that. But, I have things that have to get done. I promised my son and daughter in law that I would make them two arts & crafts style lamps. Actually all that is left to do is make the shades. Lot's of angles to the frame of the shade. I made two for myself and love them. The kids are really looking forward to getting them.

Attachments

• 20200921_132132.jpg
    20200921_132132.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200921_132613.jpg
    20200921_132613.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200921_132827.jpg
    20200921_132827.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 66
Got up early and vacuumed the pool, and burned a bunch of mesquite branches that had piled up. Did I ever mention to any of you to never get your own pool. Total PITA.

Finally had the time to finish my Kibler Colonial 58. Retired the second time, think it will stick now. Wife out of town for a few days, put the last 3 coats of finish on the stock. Have to let it all cure for several days then rotten stone it lightly.

Finished and blued the lock, barrel and metal parts today. Cut it back with a fine abrasive pad to a nice grey color. Will post pics when it is reassembled.

Had celebratory beer just now. 😜

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back