• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crisis mode here.......Washing machine down. Boss is not happy. Can't go to range until this resolved........ :doh:
Welcome to the club, The SGTMAJ boss I have is just down right not happy also. I have found that if you you do something special the situation will change. For me a trip to Texas will be hugs and kisses , so I guess we;re going
to Texas , this is not her idea?????????? but mine , willingly I may add.
gunnyr
Didn;t mean to hit the thumbs up amoji the other day

I learned from a post on this forum today that there is such a thing as a toilet paper calculator and that people use it to get a handle on their toilet paper consumption.

I’m sure the world is coming to an end. 🙃
In Marine Corps boot camp the paper was numbered , allowed 1 pcs they always seemed to know if more than
1 pcs was used /////// I wonder how they done it, smiles now frowns then
gunnyr

Gunner, did you use it correctly, you remember the fold into square ,tear hole in middle insert finger wipe fold edges around finger pull off paper and use the small torn piece too clean under finger nail, Those were the days, also the paper that came in the c-rats was nice wood chips and all.🤣

Received an order from Muzzleloader Builders Supply that contained some .014 nickle silver inlay wire. I had already incised the stock to accept the wire. Made some tiny grooves on the sides of the wire by pulling it across one corner of a small dovetail file. Cut my peices to length and tapped them in with a small hammer. Then I filed & smoothed the wire flush with the stock. I gave the stock a last sanding and going over then mixed up and applied tannic acid. It was a warm day and the stock dried quickly. Out came the Aqua Fortis and I applied that. Just as I was finishing with the Aqua Fortis a major thunder storm came in. Thunder, lightning and torrential rain blowing sideways! Ol' Pheobe was puttin' it down for sure! Then, yep you guessed it . . . the power went out. Thunder storms are the norm here (MD) in the summer but I haven't seen one like that in years. Guess I've got to go look for my trash cans.

Finally gathered up all my leather working tools up in one place after my kids bought me a tool box for father's day
1292.jpeg
1289.jpeg
1291.jpeg
1288.jpeg

Received an order from Muzzleloader Builders Supply that contained some .014 nickle silver inlay wire. I had already incised the stock to accept the wire. Made some tiny grooves on the sides of the wire by pulling it across one corner of a small dovetail file. Cut my peices to length and tapped them in with a small hammer. Then I filed & smoothed the wire flush with the stock. I gave the stock a last sanding and going over then mixed up and applied tannic acid. It was a warm day and the stock dried quickly. Out came the Aqua Fortis and I applied that. Just as I was finishing with the Aqua Fortis a major thunder storm came in. Thunder, lightning and torrential rain blowing sideways! Ol' Pheobe was puttin' it down for sure! Then, yep you guessed it . . . the power went out. Thunder storms are the norm here (MD) in the summer but I haven't seen one like that in years. Guess I've got to go look for my trash cans.
Chasing trash cans has become a competitive event in my neighborhood, lol

Gunner, did you use it correctly, you remember the fold into square ,tear hole in middle insert finger wipe fold edges around finger pull off paper and use the small torn piece too clean under finger nail, Those were the days, also the paper that came in the c-rats was nice wood chips and all.🤣

I was waiting to hear the correct way to use the 1 pcs. The first time I heard that I thought "The Hell You Say"
Those were rough but fun times (boot camp) I can laugh about it now but at the time I thought what did I get
myself into.
gunny

Not a easy task going through Parris Island, perhaps that is why we are THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MAINES. SEMPER FI Not as lean, not as mean but still green.

Sorry the hear about the bad reaction to the Jab,Smoothy. Mine both went thru' perfectly OK. Spent to-day making a new main string for a friends Stormer Target pistol. Just off to Harden and Temper it..Then may be a pint at the local as it's a nice evening.. OLD DOG..

Isn't Parris Island where one would go to become a WM?

Yes in the old days. 2021 the first CO-ED platoon earned their Globe and Anchor in San Diego and are scheduled
to have a all female platoon. So as of now female and male enlistments will go to either Paris Island or San Diego,
East of Mississippi river to Paris Island and West of Mississippi river to san Diego. The Corps is changing just like
black powder shooters and their guns. I have met female marines who were fantastic and knew what the corps was
about, I have had nothing but resect for them'
gunnyr

My eldest daughter is a retired WM. 5'4" redhead, pretty, tough as nails. More than one male found out the hard way not to take her lightly.

Oh. Finally headed home after two weeks out of state hanging with kids and grandkids.
It's fun traveling. It's also nice to land at the Home 40 afterwards.

wm

What I did has to cover days. Fell off the kitchen porch last Wed evening onto a stone patio. Concussion, bruised ribs front and back, knees hurt, swelling. In the ER til 0400 Thurs and in the observation unit in the hospital til 1600 Thursday. Doc just ok'd me to drive and use screens. But still hurt and am stiff. Spent the best part of the last six days horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back