• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I was the "responsible adult" present when my little niece discovered fireants. I felt so helpless.

Euroarms are a US-based consortium but their products are made in Italy. At least, that is the generally-held opinion. However, I see your point about the ITAR business - a ludicrous set of rules that ensures that weapons of mass destruction and their components, like a forend for a Winchester made in 1903, and one of those AWFUL and truly LETHAL components, like a hammer for gun designed in the late 1850s, don't get into the wrong hands.

More time with some stones and my free gun now has a lovely crisp trigger breaking at about three pounds. Now watching the snooker😴 well, it is Sunday afternoon!

Just cleaned my Pritchett rifle after a long morning session. See my post under the heading Pritchett rifle - I have to say that this post was written for another forum in the US, so bear with me if it repeats itself somewhat. :)

We are clearing a 100 yd ML range in our forest behind cabin. We have many huge (125'+ Tall x 3 - 4 feet in diameter) trees down due to storm damage. Decided to buy a new log splitter to process the wood as rentals are unavailable. Here's how it came from the big box stores "professionally assembled" and ready to use. What do you think? BTW told it was LAST one in State and there will be no more due to steel prices.
20210423_155346.jpg
20210423_155355.jpg
20210423_155346.jpg

Attachments

• 20210421_184338.jpg
    20210421_184338.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
Wow Good help is hard to find during normal times but Wow. Someone had no idea that it has moving parts. Possibly a youngster with out any guidance.

Thanks
O.R.

I will have to completely take it down and reassemble as even the wheels don't sound right. BTW store employees get bonus for "skilled" work like this. Regular employees make less than taco bell. I took it only as Manager said he had a long list of "back up" buyers. Added "forget buying all steel and lumber products for near future".

Trust me. You're going to wonder how you got by all these years of swinging an axe once you get that machine sorted out and fired up.
I just loaded mine in the trailer to take to a local range today after watching a bunch of old guys with an older maul trying to split oak for the woodstove last week.

wm

This is the 3rd in 40 years. Thought i was done with splitting and sold last one with the ranch. Really miss splitting firewood and adding to our "survival quotient" Again was told this was last available as both steel and engines are scarce. Most folks are totally unaware how bad the national situation is. Those that are aware are stripping every steel made item off shelves adding to scarcity. Will line range "corridor" with split wood soon.

This really makes me apricate my local Ace Hardware store even more. You know the face of the owner and he knows his products. As an afterthought you never see a help wanted sign or a lot of turnover so I'm assuming he pays his folks fairly and treats them right.

Thanks
O.R.

Likely you could sell them.
Yup except steel stock is either flat gone or stupid high at like $5/LB. Have enough just enough steel rods/stock for myself. Even If is sold some its not enough $$ to do anything with. Heck my favoite tortilla chip is on sale for $3.29 (used be $2.49 last month)

Weighed out some 60gn powder charges ready for my trip to the range tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to find out where my Hawken is shooting at 300 yards. 100 & 200 yards are not a problem, but the 300 yard targets are down a dark offshoot and I couldn't see where my shots were going last time I was out. This time, I have some big targets so I hope, if nothing else, I will be able to walk the shot to the bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back