• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterned my Pedersoli 12Ga. SxS. Used 70gr Goex FFg, over powder card, prelubed cushion wad (cut in half to 1/8 inch), 7 1/2 copper plated lead shot 1 1/4 ounce, thin over shot card. Nobel dynamit percussion caps. Great spread, no big holes. Shoots high, but I prefer that in a shotgun so I can see what I’m shooting at when I pull the trigger. I was surprised to see how little difference there is between the improved cylinder barrel and the modified barrel probably only 3-5 inches in radius of the shot pattern. Super fun. All cleaned up and put away.

I’ve been in Tallahassee when it snowed....

Today, I cut a few .010 patches for use in my 16 gauge this week... more testing using the .626 roundballs.

Started loading the wagon today, getting ready too head off too camp for a week!

Canvas bedroom & outdoor cooking on the campfire...burning black powder with Good Friends , it just don’t get much better than that..

Do you live near Tallahassee?
My bride and I lived there in 1987-88. We definitely LOVED it during the winter months.
It's about 200 miles East of here. We have the sugar white sand beaches on the Gulf with spectacular boating. Florida is a terrific state as you know, I moved here from Maine. I can tell you right now there is no place colder on Earth than Florida in Summer with the air conditioner running.

Rumaging through my gun cabinet this morning and I found 2 boxes of shells for a caliber/guage that I don't even own. Haven't a clue where they came from or how they got into a locked compartment. If the "bullet fairy" is gonna come around , I wish he'd at least bring something that fits one my guns.

It's about 200 miles East of here. We have the sugar white sand beaches on the Gulf with spectacular boating. Florida is a terrific state as you know, I moved here from Maine. I can tell you right now there is no place colder on Earth than Florida in Summer with the air conditioner running.
The white sandy beaches of Carabelle and Ft Walton Beach were VERY nice, especially in December...like you living in Maine, we didn't miss those Kentucky winters. I'm sure you didn't miss those Maine winters either. Brrr, too cold for me up there. Below is a pic from back then. I'm swinging a metal detector near Camp Gordon Johnson looking for silver coinage from the WWII era.

11170305_10204220586346324_7437295855911741561_o.jpg

Rumaging through my gun cabinet this morning and I found 2 boxes of shells for a caliber/guage that I don't even own. Haven't a clue where they came from or how they got into a locked compartment. If the "bullet fairy" is gonna come around , I wish he'd at least bring something that fits one my guns.
Shouldn't have any trouble selling those these days....

My muzzleloading projects and all other home projects are on hold for a while. Just had outpatient surgery on my right wrist, carpel tunnel release this morning. I can do limited minor things, they say complete recovery takes about a month.

Last edited:
Best of luck and get well soon! My mom just went through it. Yes recovery takes a while but she said it’s worth the wait.She says her wrists and hands feel 20 years younger than the rest of her...

Old friend has terminal cancer and has moved to her farm out here to better enjoy the days she has left. Did some shopping for her. Checked on a replacement for her 35 YO shaky refrigerator. Got to her farm and delivered and sat and talked with her for some hours.
She is amazingly strong and upbeat. She knows the end is coming but puts the disease in mental quarantine. I was afraid it would be an unpleasant time but it was beautiful. She is 89 years old and, to my knowledge, has never wasted an hour of daylight. Even now she weeds the garden and works around the property.
We hugged when I left and she broke down then. She misses having someone to touch. To exchange that human contact with.

Old friend has terminal cancer and has moved to her farm out here to better enjoy the days she has left. Did some shopping for her. Checked on a replacement for her 35 YO shaky refrigerator. Got to her farm and delivered and sat and talked with her for some hours.
She is amazingly strong and upbeat. She knows the end is coming but puts the disease in mental quarantine. I was afraid it would be an unpleasant time but it was beautiful. She is 89 years old and, to my knowledge, has never wasted an hour of daylight. Even now she weeds the garden and works around the property.
We hugged when I left and she broke down then. She misses having someone to touch. To exchange that human contact with.

You sir are a true friend , the world needs more like you.
Richard

Finished splicing a missing forearm on a walnut stocked .54 smooth rifle for me. It's my first small bore smoothy and an experiment . The butt of the rifle is in tact from just in front of the entry r/r pipe. Wouldn't have salvaged the wood but just can't put such figure in the wood stove. The smooth bored barrel was mis-bored and my buddy handed it to me years ago saying , he thought it was bent. Loped 6" off the muzzle , and re-crowned. Looks good enough for me. Can't wait to get it to the range at 50 Yards , and also some iron targets perhaps....................oldwood

Do you mean 1954?

Old?

Snigger........

Our pub was built in 1634, and at least ten houses I walk by on my way there were built around the mid-1700's. Two more houses, still lived in, were built between 1100 and 1250, and I don't mean the time of day. :) In the other half of the village, which we reach by crossing a bridge built in the 1300's, there are many houses older than the United States - and the church was RE-built in 1420.

I guess we have different views on what constitutes 'old'.
:doh:Yeah, folks call my house old .... every American should spend time in 'the old country'' UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium Luxembourg, Netherlands, Turkey and ...... My house was built yesterday according to those countries. Some of the MLs I brought from Europe predate our Civil War by a few years. Polecat

Old friend has terminal cancer and has moved to her farm out here to better enjoy the days she has left. Did some shopping for her. Checked on a replacement for her 35 YO shaky refrigerator. Got to her farm and delivered and sat and talked with her for some hours.She is amazingly strong and upbeat. She knows the end is coming but puts the disease in mental quarantine. I was afraid it would be an unpleasant time but it was beautiful. She is 89 years old and, to my knowledge, has never wasted an hour of daylight. Even now she weeds the garden and works around the property.We hugged when I left and she broke down then. She misses having someone to touch. To exchange that human contact with.

I've never yet encountered anybody who didn't feel better for a hug. We are not a lovey-dovey bunch in my family, but we really appreciate a good hug.

For many, it's the last thing they feel - their hand in yours. If you ever watch 'Lonesome Dove', watch Gus's last few minutes as he passes - his friend of a lifetime, Woodrow, keeps his hand on his chest, to keep contact as he goes.

What did I do today? Same thing I do pretty much every day, I searched all the bullet suppliers looking for bullets to reload all the brass I have stockpiled and then took a long nap... Now back to searching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back