• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Vintovka
Your welcome. Did get me thinking that a slide hammer might also ensure consistent ball seating and or compensating for dirty bores. Removing stuck balls at range might be a god send and a safety factor. Seen two folks on range pulling stuck balls/dead loads. One holding rifle the other right in front of muzzle yanking on rod.

Made a nipple wrench, had IMG_3034.JPG a store bough one and the side busted out

Made a nipple wrench, hadView attachment 75425 a store bough one and the side busted out
Looks good. Factory ones are weak especially when turned down to fit. I Like the extra metal on yours. I use something similar on stuck nipples to break them loose and a narrow "factory " to turn them out. I have just one with a tempered steel "box" for "special" occasion's. I strongly recommend those that have the skill to make their own tools do so. Very satisfying and now a must due to increasing price and rapidly decreasing availability.

Bought lead balls for my piston

You forgot to insert at good help "that pays a living wage"

I would add, if you are going to be a cheap $#;@# , close the business and get the %$&#@& out of town.

😳
Tell it to Lowes. I do think being oxygen deprived for 8+ hours a day over a year is having some effects. Many employees are very grumpy to the point of being combative. Watching them hump 50 sacks of mulch and trying to suck in air is brutal . Masks combined with moisture, sweat, and various bacteria is perfect mix for pulmonary disease. Watch workman comp claims for next 50 years over forced mask wear.

Tell it to Lowes. I do think being oxygen deprived for 8+ hours a day over a year is having some effects. Many employees are very grumpy to the point of being combative. Watching them hump 50 sacks of mulch and trying to suck in air is brutal . Masks combined with moisture, sweat, and various bacteria is perfect mix for pulmonary disease. Watch workman comp claims for next 50 years over forced mask wear.
Can't think of anything at Lowe's, or Homey Depot, That I can't buy better and happier from a local purveyor.
Lots of Amish here. Heaven is an Amish hardware store. The teen aged Amish girl cashier knows exactly where the bolt and washer you want is and the man who comes out to fill your propane tank carries it to your car. If your eyes are in their 70's, like mine, bring a flashlight for the darker recesses of the store.
The place is barricaded/surrounded by pallets of bagged goods, rail road ties, drain tile, stacked wheelbarrows, fence posts and Lord knows what else.

SOLANCO, I am envious, more and moe of our local building material/hardware stores are closing here. Big box stores don't carry the things that they only sell a few of in a year. I still have a general mdse. Near me that carries most of what I need at a cheaper price than Lowes or Home Peepo, plus our tax in the county is2% less than city.
Not many are as blessed as you are.
Dave

First Saturday off in months. First full weekend off in months. Celebrated my day off by helping mom and dad prep a few of their raised garden beds, plant some white beans, harvest some strawberries, and general work like a farm hand. Took the wife and kids to the local Veteran’s Museum. Not too shabby for a day off.

Spent the morning at the range. Shooting my Frontier .50....490 lead, .015 patch, 50 grains Triple 7. Had the whole range to myself for several hours, it was great. 45F and overcast most of the time. Couple of highlights...

25 yds off hand, took me 2 to get it but it was worth it :)
May 2-21 25 yds off hand.jpg
and 50 yds off hand, some days are like this and others are...well you know.
May 2nd 50 yds off hand1.jpeg

Shot a bunch of other targets too, it was just way too much fun....Glad I got into muzzleloaders! :)
Shoot safe, RR
May 2-21 Frontier.jpg

Last edited:
looked at houses today. Moving to Alberta and want at least 10 acres. Looking at more tomorrow, but only one has 10 acres and i looked at that one today. There were 2 mule deer wandering through the yard on that one. Want to shoot from the deck behind the house, and need 10 acres to do it. wife knows this and i`m not sure why she has me looking at places in town as well......

With a botched hip replacement and bad knees I bought one of these to help me get up and down in the garden, sure makes the transition from kneeling to standing much easier. As you can see my tomatoes are taking off. I have so much weed seed infused barn yard fertilizer in my soil that the plastic is the only way to plant a garden and stay ahead of the crabgrass and weeds.

knee stool.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back