• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Well, I got scammed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT SHIP UNTIL THE MONEY IS GOOD IN YOUR
ACCOUNT--FOR 5 DAYS. GET THE STATE DL AND A
GOOD PHONE NUMBER. YOU WILL DO FINE. IF THEY
WILL NOT TEXT THE PHOTO OF DL---PASS-A DENA-FELLA
A MONTH LATER DELETE THE DL TEXT

The facts prove you wrong. I did get a good phone number and a copy of his DL. I stated this.

IF YOU ARE BUYING ASK FOR A REFERENCE--OR CALL A LOCAL GUNSMITH AND
OFFER HIM $30 BUCKS T DO A BORE CHECK FOR YOU. SPEAK ON THE PHONE AND ASK
QUESTIONS HE SHOULD KNOW. ASK FOR HIM TO TAKE PICS OF BARREL STAMPS
AND TEXT TO YOU IN REAL -TIME. SCAMMERS WILL FAIL TO DO THESE THINGS.
WHEN YOU MENTION BORE CHECKS SEE THE RESPONSE.. NOW OVER MY LIFE
I NEVER ACTUALLY WENT THROUGH WITH A BORE CHECK---BUT IT WEEDS OUT
THE SCAMMER AND THE BAD BORE THAT IS NOT SHOWN.

If you have his identity contact law enforcement---find his locale and
call the local Sheriff and State Attorney. Feds can do nothing.
But a sympathetic State Attorney can be very helpful if they
want. The key is the real name of the person. You can ruin their
credit,reputation and maybe get a conviction. Sad this hit you,
but fight back and don't just take it and let it go.

Also know that Neil55 sent me a pic of “his” photoshopped drivers license.

If you have his identity contact law enforcement---find his locale and
call the local Sheriff and State Attorney. Feds can do nothing.
But a sympathetic State Attorney can be very helpful if they
want. The key is the real name of the person. You can ruin their
credit,reputation and maybe get a conviction. Sad this hit you,
but fight back and don't just take it and let it go.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
A friend of mine got hit with a scam like this about 8 years ago. Paid via USPS MO. Radio silence from the seller, no gun showed up for going on a month. He got very aggressive about it, tracked the guy down and called him at his job and threatened to get USPS involved for mail fraud. He got a flurry of excuses and apologies and received the gun 3 days later.

I'm one of those people who would spend 3 grand to screw that guy and get my $650 back. If it's a real address or p.o. box, I can't belive the Sheriff's office isn't willing to help. I suppose small claims court might be an option too. Hell, call Judge Judy!

Well, manure. How could you tell it was 'shopped?
Because he forgot the North in the street address and like I previously posted the pic of his phone poorly photoshopped had a foreign service provider… unless anyone knows this guy and can verify….

Attachments

• 2432E4A9-AFF6-4682-B97A-DCE794E5520D.jpeg
    2432E4A9-AFF6-4682-B97A-DCE794E5520D.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 195
The only thing I can’t exactly figure out is who is receiving the Money order at that address and cashing it.. Must be his Cousin Punjab who also owns a Quickie Mart that won’t require him to produce an ID..

Because he forgot the North in the street address and like I previously posted the pic of his phone poorly photoshopped had a foreign service provider… unless anyone knows this guy and can verify….

Yep, that is the same photo he sent me. I didn't pick up that it was shopped.

My local deputy confirmed that, and said it looks like an identity theft issue for the person in the DL photo, as well. I'm still hoping that I can maybe get a Mason County deputy to check out the address. I mean, that is where I sent the money order.

How do you know that you got scammed? If he didn't get the MO yet he wouldn't be shipping your merchandise. Or he could be slow, lazy, 'busy' (over used these days), sloppy, disorganized and really bad at communication. Not everyone is on top of things when selling especially if it's not their occupation. You might just be dealing with a bozo.

I bought a rifle off of a guy and after sending the money off I didn't hear from him. Attempts to contact him were fruitless. I basically gave up that I was scammed when one day a little old lady calls me and says that she is they guy's mother. It seems that he was shot by a car jacker and was in the hospital recovering. After about three months I got my rifle.

Can the USPS tell you where the money order was cashed at?

OK folks there is a lot more going on than has been mentioned.
This is being shut down because additional information discussed might aid the scammer, since it's possible if he got in before, he may still have another membership that is used to monitor what we post, or he may already have succeeded in getting back in.

Stay vigilant

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back