• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which Kibler in .45?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beagle74

32 Cal
Reaction score
Would you choose the SMR or Woodsrunner? Just a fun question, been thinking about picking one up and think they would both be fantastic. I know the SMR is lighter. I have an SMR in .36, and not sure if I want a different syle in the woodrunner, or stay with a lighter, harder hitting SMR? Decisions, decisions... This would be for woodswalks and deer hunting.

If you already have an SMR, and your main motive is for something different, go for the Woodsrunner. But if it's just a question of you want a different caliber, then maybe that favors the SMR. I have a .45 cal SMR and a .58 cal Colonial on order.

It's more of a caliber thing for me, I would like a .45. Though I'm a bit worried if I had a SMR .45, my .36 may sit in the closet. ;)

.... Though I'm a bit worried if I had a SMR .45, my .36 may sit in the closet. ;)
Listen, I've got literally dozens of guns in my secure gun closet. I keep a log of when each was last shot and I just try to rotate them and give them all a chance, weather, time, motivation and other factors permitting. Not a reason to make a decision on a new gun. You can only shoot one at a time whatever you decide on, so sitting in the closet isn't a major factor in your decision matrix.

Back