• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

We lost a member - Paul Vallandigham

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Vallandigham passed away. I'm not a frequent poster here, but I do cruise the forum frequently for information.

When reading threads for information, there are some posters that I read with a "grain of salt" but Mr. Vallandigham was one of those members who I always read because I felt he really knew his stuff. Blessings to him and his family.

Well, this is news to me, since I don't frequent the non-muzzle loading section. I will say that his posts were about the best expressed, both in thoughtfulness and language, that I have seen in any forum to which I've been a member.

I would almost bet no one had more in depth “conversations” (on the forum) than I will Mr. Vallandigham and certainly lively ones in the PT section. Thank heaven!
He informed me of his condition some time ago and I even went to Chicago for a person to person meet but for unfortunate reasons was unable to do complete the effort.
I already miss the guy, he was certainly one of a kind. Most of you don't have any idea how active he was in gun control issues. Especially in a state that is nuts about gun control.
He didn't shoot in the last bit of time and was confined to a wheel chair most of the time.
I have kept most of the PTs so I still have a small part of him on my computer.
So long Mr. V.

Paul was a good acquaintance of mine. We met several times at Friendship and enjoyed shooting, shopping and just sitting and visiting. I didn't get to see him the last year that I was in Indiana. I think he may have not gone to Friendship that time. We often corresponded and my last email from him was in September just before his death. I didn't know about his death for a couple weeks after he passed away. I had written to him duriing this period and didn't understand why he didn't reply. I was shocked to learn of his death and I deeply feel the loss. I hope there is a beautiful gun range in Heaven so Paul and I can, once again, shoot together and have nothing but Xs. Paul, I miss you, buddy. :hatsoff:

I especially sought out Paul's posts in both the caplock and flintlock Forums because he clearly answered questions from others to which I wanted answers as well.

For that reason, I also posted his death notice in both Forums since he had so much to do with the success of both Forums in my opinion.

Paul... along with several other Members like Ebiggs... was always quick to post clear, concise, accurate answers to knotty questions and give all their efforts to inform and improve the knowledge of those of us who were just getting into black powder shooting.

I doubt that any of them ever realized how much their posts were truly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

I have always been impressed by the breadth and depth of Paul's shooting knowledge...and by his ability to clearly express himself. His posts are unmatched by any other firearms/shooting posts I've read on the Internet.

This is a different place without Paul's posts and I, along with others, will miss him and his words of advice.

Don't want to make more work for anyone, but maybe someday, before they're lost, Paul's posts could be collected and organized by topic as a reference resource.

I received the information shortly after Paul died. He was a knowledgeable man and was willing to share his knowledge with anyone who wanted it. I corresponded with him but never got to meet him. I consider his death to be a great loss to the black powder community.

He was gone before I found this forum. Although I have never met him I rest assured that he was a good and wise man as thru this well written and thoughtfull post I feel that I knew him! We can only hope that someone will think this much of us when our time is up! Geo. T.

I was recently wondering why I had not seen posts from him recently. He was very generous with his wisdom and often addressed my concerns with personal messages. He is certainly missed.

Jack Wilson said:
Rifleman1776 said:
I believe this notice was posted shortly after his passing.
Yes, there's three pages of discussion about Paul's passing, starting back in October.
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/273265/[/quote]
hmm, I don't have "permission" to view that forum...perhaps someone "permitted" could have pasted that to public forum so we all could see it. I spend 9 months of the year working overseas, and I "shoot BP" vicariously through this group, every day. I recently wondered about the lack of postings by Paul; now I know. Rest in Peace, Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shared a number of PM's between Paul V.and myself discussing a number of black powder subjects as well as reading his many posts on this forum, he was a thoughtful, insightful and deeply passionate individual in the black powder arena. I am deeply saddened at the news of his passing. :shake:

Sorry I'm a little late to the Party! Computer problems, work, a Hurricane, damage from same, etc. I haven't been here in quite some time.

Paul and I almost met at Dixon's Muzzleloading Gun Makers Fair a few years ago, when he was still mobile. We always corresponded via PT's and usually had similar views on all sorts of subjects here on the forum. Paul taught me a lot about the hobby and I in turn relayed tons of information back to several clubs that I belong to that I shoot black powder with. The information was always well received and spot-on! Paul was a breathing encyclopedia, and often would get into heated exchanges.

Back to Paul's ability to write. He wrote the longest, most complete directions I ever saw on this forum. On any subject. Pages and pages sometimes. Always a great pleasure to see how much he cared that everyone else here "got it right".

I will greatly miss his Mentoring for it feels like there is a void left by that unanswered email. If I know Paul, right now he's writing a multi-page letter to God Almighty Himself, asking permission to gather chicken poop and all of the other necessary ingredients so he can make his own Holy Black up in Heaven.

Miss you Buddy, and we'll meet one day.....

Dave

Talk about late! But here, now, having just read of Paul's death. I found Paul through a Google search, and soon thereafter found this forum. His presence here was a big factor in my joining. I found his writings very informative, and very interesting.
In searching out his obituary, I found that he was also very active in defending our rights and freedoms.
Because of his eagerness to share his knowledge through this Forum, we will still be able to draw on it.
I didn't take the time before, so "Thank you, Paul, for your generosity and enthusiasm. You instantly fanned the embers of my own love of flintlock shooting."
Your equipment is "well regulated", and you are up to the Final Journey upon which you have embarked. Good shooting.
Richard

Yes, It was a sad day in the muzzleloading world when the man passed away. I still go back at times and read his posts.

i never met him ,but his sharing of his knowledge was wonderful for us.. I am happy to see he was still doing what he wanted to just about up to the end..

Latest posts

Back