• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

We lost a member - Paul Vallandigham

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker357

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It is with great sorrow that I inform you that Paul Vallandingham passed away last week.

Will always remember our long conversations at Dixon's. A really nice man. I will miss him.

Vern

I am shocked beyond words. Paul was a friend of mine. We have shot together at Friendship many times. I had not emailed him in a few weeks but we usually kept in touch. This is the first I have heard of his death. I am going to send a message to his email adddress to get in touch with his family. What a shock! I have lost a good friend.

That is a shock. Though I didn't know him personally, we did share PMs and emails. I also read his posts. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

gmww said:
:shocked2:

I got caught off guard with this sad thread. Paul you've been a good contributor here. Thanks! RIP and my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Last I talked to him he was getting ready to have surgery. His spine was pinched. Sorry to hear this he was a good friend. First time I talked to him on the phone we BS for 3 hours. :(

Vallandigham.jpg

Good to finally put a face the the name.

I am very saddened by the news of his passing. If it wasn’t for his articles and sage advice via PM I would not be enjoying shooting my flintlocks as much as I am now. I was hoping to meet him at Friendship one day and shake his hand and thank him personally. We have lost a selfless contributor, an astute counselor, and a great man.

Yes, he was a good man. I could tease him to no end, and he would always take it as lightly as I meant it and still be polite back to me. I even tried to get a money pool going here, so we could buy him some regular gun oil to replace the vegetable oil he was touting. He took it all in stride. Oh, and there was the "how to avoid too many flies while elk hunting" advice he was giving out. I teased him so much about that I had to go back and apologize. He just laughed it off.

I was just wondering the other day why I haven't seen him post in a while. I wonder if he had a prolonged illness. I figured he just got fed up with all of us and quit posting. Well dang, I'm going to miss him. Anyone know if he was married?
Bill

Sad to hea! Paul and I often worked together on projects. I will miss him . He was a true buckskinner's friend. Even if the wife did get horribly upset once, when he sent me some correspopndance in his law office envelope. The wife wanted to know what I was doing with a letter from an out of state lawyer! :idunno: :idunno:

Back