• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

We lost a member - Paul Vallandigham

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this a couple days ago, and didn't know what to say. Wish I coulda met him - but like a lot of Folks here - feel like I knew him. Will miss his lengthly, literate prose. He provided a lotta food for thought...

Eric

. oct 8 2012 / 21:05

paul was actually one of the very first ppl here who 'took me under his wing' by giving freely of both his advice and experience..

most of my private topics are with him, the printed topics i still have were with him, and he never seemed to tire of answering my elementary questions.

judging by his joy of life and muzzleloading, i don't think any of us would ever have expected to hear of his passing.

if nothing else, at least he did so apparently doing what he loved most.

perhaps we could set aside a "paul vallandigham day" in his honor...

:idunno:
~dg~

I'm sorry to hear of Paul V's passing. I will always remember Pauls passion for the shooting sports and tracking as well as his contributions here as a forum member. My Prayers go out to his family and loved ones. RIP Paul V

I'm sorry to hear about Paul! I'm relatively new to the forum, but I always read Paul's replies to posts. I didn't always agree with them, but they were informative and DETAILED. His posts and replies showed a lot of attention to the finer points. RIP.

I still don't know exactly what to say. I have disagreed with him on some things and learned much from him on others. His enthusiasm and generosity will be sorely missed.

Joel

fI have just come across the news of Paul's death on the forum. I hunted with him, counted on him as a resource and profited by his posts. He was a fixture here. I'm trying to find his obituary, The ranks grow thinner

Thanks for that link. The articles are a fitting tribute to the Gentleman. :thumbsup:
It would appear from reading them that his helpful nature was shared with many in the shooting community. :hatsoff:

It was with sadness that I just learned that Paul Vallandigham passed away late last year. Here is a tribute written by a long-time friend and associate which you may find interesting.

Ron T.

Oct 4, 2012-GSL Director Paul H. Vallandigham passes away by John Boch

It is with great sadness that we report the passing of Paul H. Vallandigham, a long-time gun rights giant in Illinois.

Mr. Vallandigham was a life member of the NRA, a former director of the Illinois State Rifle Association, as well as a founding member of Guns Save Life's (G.S.L.) predecessor organization and has served continuously as an officer or director since then. He was currently as a director as well as the corporate counsel of Guns Save Life.

As an attorney in his professional life, he was a member of the Illinois Bar and the US District Court, Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States Bars. He had served both as a public defender and as a special prosecutor in addition to his work in private practice.

Mr. Vallandigham passed away the last week of September in his living room, cleaning the guns he appreciated and valued so much along with the rights they represented and symbolized.

He worked tirelessly to promote civil rights not only by educating the general population through his promotion of basic civil rights, but also in his work as a Hunter Safety instructor, NRA firearms instructor and a Boating Safety instructor. He was a many-times published author on a host of topics from firearms to tracking.

We loved Paul and his eagerness to share his vast knowledge on a host of topics. We sometimes teased him that he was too eager to share, but we certainly appreciated his encyclopedic knowledge base which came in handy more times than we can count.

He held an appreciation for antique and custom-made firearms and shared that enthusiasm eagerly. He loved to attend the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association’s events at Friendship, IN and would hound us to accompany him ”“ even those of us who carry plastic guns and eschew wooden stocks.

He was constantly giving of his time and expertise, willingly and eagerly. And while sometimes some of us disagreed with Paul, I know of not one time when Paul was wrong. His wise counsel was always spot on, even if it wasn’t evident right away.

We’ll certainly miss Paul ”“ a man who gave so freely of his time, insightful knowledge and ideas.

Forum members,let's honer Paul V.at a tough time for legal gun owners,by doing everything we can to defend our 2nd amendment right.

although i never met him in person, i was impressed with his accuracy and his candor. his opinions were well thought and well presented, even if i did not agree with them (which was seldom)

i shall miss him ... :(

I have never met Paul; but he was always so generous with his time here. If anyone asked him a question in a PM he would take the time to answer and treated all people here well. He gave me quite a few pointers that I have saved for reference. His kind of person is sorely lacking in our nation today.
I will keep his family in prayer.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

As many on this forum, I have never met Paul, but that doesn't diminish the help and knowledge that he dispenced to all. He will certainly be missed by all in our tightknit community, and my thaughts go out to his family.

While Paul And I never met in person. We had a long time correspondance and worked on many projects together. He will be missed. :hmm:

I'm kinda a newby here but over the years have learned a lot from pauls'postings.RIP and yes lets all support our second ammendment rights to the fullest to honor Mr.V and the founders of this great republic :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear the sad news. Paul always seemed willing to help others and share his experiences.

David

Paul was a good man. He had some strong opinions about the best way to shoot shotguns and he had the experience to back it up. I always appreciated his input.

I have missed his participation in this Forum and we are all diminished by his passing.

Many Klatch

While we never met, we had several lively discussions on various firearms.
I greatly valued Paul's opinions, and learned much from him.
I will sincerely miss Paul's valued advice.
May the good Lord find a comfortable chair for Paul to watch over us, for he will be in my thoughts.
Goodbye friend!
Fred

Back