• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Want Dubbed version of the mountain men

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody has for sale or know someone that does have for sale a version of the mountain men with charlton heston and brian keith it has the swear words dubbed out ?

In the days of VCRs and video tape, there were Christian rental shops that would edit movies to be G rated. But lawsuits and copyright stopped that. Im curious, not having seen the Mountain Men since the 1980’s, it’s Charlton Heston, how bad can it be?

Last edited:
In the days of VCRs and video tape, there were Christian rental shops that would edit movies to be G rated. But lawsuits and copyright stopped that. Im curious, not having seen the Mountain Men since the 1980’s, it’s Charlton Heston, how bad can it be?

So I'm going to just relate something here not preaching to anyone certainly not trying to act self righteous,

hearing hell and dam an s*** don't bother me, maybe it should, I don't know,
But when they say God, Christ, and Jesus as swear words throughout the movie it just really messes the whole movie up for me and I can't stand to watch it anymore,
Tried to watch the movie 'tremors' a few years ago, it was one of the very first movies I ever seen as a child, I remember where It was at, I don't remember how old I was but it was in the waiting room of the hospital that I had been taken to when I was born several years prior, maybe 8 to 10 years prior.
Hearing the word God used as a swear word really messed it all up, I tried to watch the second tremors movie and throughout the movie they kept taking the name of my savior in vain and I just couldn't stand it.

I remember seeing all these movies on TV 20 and 30 years ago and these were dubbed out , and then when I get them on eBay to watch with my family and they're cussing like that I just can't stand it I would like to watch the movies with my family I figure it's because of memories I have but I just can't do it.
Not trying to act self righteous for anybody or pretend like I'm holy or better than anyone else , because I'm not .
just relating something

I agree, real life characters probably didn't really go around saying stuff like "Golly Gee", "Dang it" or "Ah Shucks". They probably really did use cuss words, but why repeat it? For what purpose are swear words used?

I ask the question again, what is the purpose of profanity except if maybe your vocabulary is sorely lacking and you might "run out of words"?

I ask the question again, what is the purpose of profanity except if maybe your vocabulary is sorely lacking and you might "run out of words"?
I can tell you that, for historical accuracy, coarse language would be required. The rendezvous that I have read about were whiskey fueled days of excess and I doubt rough language was frowned upon. And rough language is as American as apple pie. The army barracks or navy berthing sound nothing like a church social or ladies bridge club. As my father once told me “I went into the AF at 17 (1948) and I was 25 before I knew it was just a hammer, not a f$&king hammer.” to excuse his infrequent lapses. I understand your reasoning and appreciate the problems presented in film since the 1960’s but the e world isn’t Disney world. As much as we might like it. Said with respect.
I ask the question again, what is the purpose of profanity except if maybe your vocabulary is sorely lacking and you might "run out of wor

I can tell you that, for historical accuracy, coarse language would be required. The rendezvous that I have read about were whiskey fueled days of excess and I doubt rough language was frowned upon. And rough language is as American as apple pie. The army barracks or navy berthing sound nothing like a church social or ladies bridge club. As my father once told me “I went into the AF at 17 (1948) and I was 25 before I knew it was just a hammer, not a f$&king hammer.” to excuse his infrequent lapses. I understand your reasoning and appreciate the problems presented in film since the 1960’s but the e world isn’t Disney world. As much as we might like it. Said with respect.
I’m new to the group and I hope my comment above doesn’t violate any rules. If so, I apologize.

I can kind of see you point but I still see no reason for it. It serves no purpose no matter what time period in history or even tomorrow. "Just because" is an excuse not a reason.I'll take the church social, thank you.

https://www.tvguardian.com/

Screenshot_20240412-225200~2.png

Back