• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wal-mart Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the fabric dept. and pick up a yard of 100% cotton - it will last you awhile. :thumbsup:

Y'all need to desert them Yankees, and move down here, where folks is friendly, and ladies still sew. :grin:
I bought some canvas duck, pillow tickin', white denim, and flannel. This winter I'm gonna make me a shirt, pair of pants, and a whole lot of cleanin' and shootin' patches. :)

For a long time now, I have been buying my patch cloth from Jo-Ann's Fabrics. The best of the materials is cotton drill cloth. The weave seems to be a bit tighter than the pillow ticking. It is sold with the muslins and tickings. It measures out at 0.017" thick after washing.

Yep walmart is going over to the dark side. Many, many stores are getting rid of their fabric department, many are no-longer selling fire arms or having the paint mixing section. In my travels I talked to workers at 3 different stores and they are getting rid of positions that need a person to stay and work that counter area all the time. The ladies went balistic swamping walmart hq with messages to keep the fabric depts. They lined up with shopping carts full to the top with bolts of fabric to buy up all the fabrics they were getting rid of.Don't mess with a mob of lady quilters that were just told they can't buy fabric there anymore :rotf:

windwalker,
Do you have Wal-Marts in Australia.I know their
in S.America,Canada,England and China,etc. They
are a money driven company.A fabric shop in one area may do very well,where in another may do poorly. Although dollar driven they are also very
attuned to the customer.I also believe almost
everyting in their inventory is available on
line at[url] www.walmart.com[/url]
snake-eyes :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting 100% cotton pillow ticking is getting harder. Seems it's being produced overseas, has poly in it also.
For the moment, our Wal Mart (which is the only place around our town) is still handling fabric, guns and such.
When I get to a larger town (usually for a doctor's appt.) the wife and I hit JoAnn's - this is where we were told about the pillow ticking.
As for the dark side - I'm in the dark most of the time anyway :rotf:

North , South, East, or West Walmart is getting out of the Depts. that need full time workers. Here in the West they still carry guns ammo, fabric, paint etc. But the time is near for that to end. It has nothing to do with sales they are looking at cost and stock values.
We are 100 miles from the next town with any major stores. Well you just pick-up what you need when you are there. :thumbsup:

I was in sportsmans warehouse yesterday.
Asking about buying Goex.
They said when the new OSHA rule goes into effect they wont be able to carry anymore black powder or ammo.

BTW everyone should call their elected official in Washington ASAP by july 12th to voice your opinion on the OSHA rule that they are going to vote on.

This is a very bad deal for everyone!

If you hunt shoot plink shoot clays or whatever please call your elected official and demand them to vote against this........

82nd AB, thats odd. Sports started out in SLC,Utah years ago. They still have their HQ in SLC, as well as a number of stores in the Salt Lake Valley. They have never carried Black Powder in any of them. Or at least in recent years.
I imagine the price is high at their stores most things are. I buy mine in Az. each year at the Nat'ls .SLC is the nearest city to me of any size its a 120 miles to Sports. :thumbsup:

All I saw on the shelves was Pyrodex.
And when I asked about Goex they said when the law goes into effect they wont be able to carry black powder,ammo or caps. Anything considered explosive would not be allowed in the building.
They said they store everything in a fortified bunker room. But its attached to the building.
That was not acceptable.
So your probably right.
He was probably confusing goex for pyrodex.
They did say they did carry smokeless powder for cartridge reloading.
They said all would have to go.

snake-eyes there was something on tv about walmart coming to oz but they did not like our trade rules so it never hapend.pluss a lady from the USA was on tv saying dont let them come in they end up closing outher buisnes down by under cuting them untill the outher buisnes goes under,she also went on to say that they have created ghost towns in the USA,all very confusing to me.
bernie :thumbsup:

Back