• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wow a perfect turkey load (Successfully Tested now)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Too-Tall

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I found a load for the 20 gauge trade gun thats killer. 80 grains 2f and 1.5 oz (combination of 1oz of #4 Copper plated and .5 oz of #6 lead) using the skychief method and cylinder bore at 25 yards I am averaging 23 pellets in turkey neck and head, with about a 2-3 foot overall pattern for most part. I tried running the same 1.5 oz of the same size shot and results went away. Just wanted to share. For the record this was found by laziness due to not wanting to go back to truck to get more #4 shot so I finished load in #6's and was shocked by results. I repeated it 3 more times, not sure why it works but it does. This is the load i've got loaded in the gun for turkey opener tomorrow am.
Update: it works awesome

Attachments

• IMG_5400.jpeg
    IMG_5400.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5404.jpeg
    IMG_5404.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you load 6/4 or 4/6 or were they mixed together? Any other specifics on loading procedure and components?
Sorry I didn't read the rest of your question. 80 grains 2f, nitro card, the #4 and #6 mixed together, overshot card, wad that soaked in olive oil for 3 days.

nice bird :thumb: could it be the smaller shot filling in between the larger shot? thus making a more solid shot column:dunno:
That could be it. But then again I am just guessing. My assumption is maybe the lighter shot is going faster and as you said filling in the pattern. Who knows.

Back