• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Virtual Woodswalk, Ends April 15th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:surrender: I mailed my targets and sheets today. :grin: I hope my ghost forgives me and helps me rise again. :bow: more to follow :yakyak: after the match end date arrives. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Just for fun, I shot the match myself.

I did not survive. :surrender:
The thief got me. :cursing:

If there's anyone else who hasn't got their targets sent back yet, don't forget! They need to be post-marked by tomorrow!

Jethro224 said:
If there's anyone else who hasn't got their targets sent back yet, don't forget! They need to be post-marked by tomorrow!

Hey Jethro, even the IRS is giving us until the 18th. :hmm:

The Results Are In!

There were only 6 contestants who sent in scores. I know there were more than that I sent out. :hmm:
Everybody else musta shot so poorly they were just too embarrassed to send 'em in. :idunno:

First off, let me give a big congrats to our winner;

Buripity came in first place with a nice score of 96. :hatsoff:
He was also the only survivor who made it back to the settlements. :shocked2:

Mad Irish Jack gave him a run for the money with a score of 94. ...then he died. ...twice. :youcrazy:

3rd was Roamer with a 75.

4th was Grzrob with 68.

5th Grey Whiskers with 59.

6th Skunkskinner with a 25. ...he ran into some troubles along the way.

Seems that two legged thievin' varmint in the canoe was a tough target. He took out most of 'em.

I went ahead and shot this just for fun myself. Gave myself all the handicaps, 'cause I figgered I was cheatin'... Woulda scored a 72 and got killed by the thief.

I hope you all enjoyed this contest. Thanks for playing. :hatsoff:

Now, lets hear the details. :haha:

Congrats to Buripity! :thumbsup:

I wish I had taken a picture of him laying on his back in the mud, loading his rifle. :rotf:

GW

WOW! That was my first 1st! :grin:

It was a lot of fun!! That was a well thought out contest. I'd like to try that with our local black powder shooters at our range one day. :thumbsup:

Grey Whiskers and I shot this one together which made it even more comical! :rotf: To see him walking around with a .50 cal ball under his heel and his trigger hand thumb taped to his palm was priceless! :rotf: :blah: :rotf:

Speaking of Grey Whiskers, as you can see below, it took me a while to get him out of the creek and explain the term "virtual" to him. :rotf: :rotf: :haha:
LoninCreek.jpg

I found out I could not shoot well with my thumb taped to my hand. I found out I could hit anything with an egg taped to my hand! This was an outstanding contest Jethro! Very well done!

Congrats Buripity :hatsoff:

And thanks Jethro :bow:
this was the most fun shoot I've ever been in. Except for the wind blowing the targets taped to the string and the taping of the thumb and the snake bite and lead ball taped to my heal and the egg taped to my palm :haha: Finally, mercifully the two legged varmint did me in.

I say lets do it again :thumbsup: ... soon

:hatsoff: I want to thank Buripity, Roamer, Grzrob, Grey Whiskers and Skunkskinner for participating in the enjoyment of "Jethro's Indulgence." Jethro musta come from the "Show Me" state in his previous life. He seems to enjoy inflicting Missouri on us. :doh: But in defense, we all elect to enjoy suffering in it. Thank you Jethro for the monthly (approximately) anguish. :applause: :applause: :applause: Thanks again to all participants for we all are the winners. The LOSERS are those who choose not to enjoy the fun our sport and Jethro provide.
Buripity, if'n ya won't mind, :hmm: would you inform my loved ones at the settlement of my passing. Let them know that when I arrive at my final place, :idunno: I will have a handfull of breakfast. Hopefully not cooked by the ambiance of my new surroundings. :rotf: And, hopefully, I'll be reborn again at another of "Jethro's Indulgence's"

skunkskinner said:
I say lets do it again :thumbsup: ... soon

We will definitely have to do this again... but different.
I think Swampy is gonna help come up with some even more devious plots. :haha:
Stay tuned.

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell said:
Jethro musta come from the "Show Me" state in his previous life. He seems to enjoy inflicting Missouri on us.

I ain't sure about previous lives, but I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up.
:haha:

:hmm: Sorry to hear that Jethro. My wife said I need to grow up:shocked2:. And, I told her I love my toys :doh: and the smell of burned powder in the....well, anytime :applause: :applause: :patriot: .

It was a tough journey thru the wilds of colonial America. All but one perished along the way. So far the lone survivor has been pretty tight lipped about it. Maybe he was traumatized? :idunno:
:rotf:

There were assorted paper targets, novelty targets, shooting positions, penalties, and fun. You shoulda played.

There was a squirrel, buffalo, turkey, reverse bull, tomahawk, straw, spoon, egg, 2-liter bottle, and balloon to shoot at. Possible thumb taped down, lead ball taped to heel, and a raw egg taped to your hand. You mighta hadta do without your patch knife or make a ramrod. It all depended on how you shot and what you had in your gear.

Everybody that played had fun. :thumbsup:

JETHRO, ya left out the part 'bout shootin' a water gun in the stream stuff. :rotf: An gettin to tip a capfull. :rotf: An lotsa other neat stuff. :idunno: Eat'n stuff, 'n' sleeping; 'n' snakes, :shocked2: 'n' snakes.....oh I hate snakes....'less'n we're eaten 'em. Did I mention snakes??? :doh: Oooohhh! DANGEROUS things out there on the trail. :nono: BEWARE! :youcrazy: :applause: :hatsoff: :photoSmile:
001.jpg

:grin: Carelessly and Needlessly. :hmm: Well as I awakened up and found a theiving cowardly varment trying to sneek off with my goods :nono: , I rolled over in my bedroll and brought up Lorraine, my .54 caliber Early Lancaster faithful companion to try and end that varments theivin' ways. :applause: But as I fired the shot, the butt end slipped from my shoulder causing me to crack open my puss ridden wounded shootin' hand, :shake: causin me to miss. And, Die! And fer bad measure that polecat swung 'round and shot me anyways :cursing: :rotf:, causin' me t' die again :rotf: . So afore I left this place, :wink: I shot me a fine turtle fer making some soup to bribe St Peter with ('at's a Irish Thing). When I got to them thar gates, an they was fine perty(Proper Irish word), there was St Peter looking me over kinda sorely (proper Irish word). But after chewing the fat and chaw; we got along splendly (nother Proper Irish word) [If'n you don't recognize some o' my words, just takem as Proper Irish use of the Brits anglish] :doh:
:grin: Well I brewed up some fine Irish turtle n' Guiness stew and jaw some mores. St Petey [He ask me ta call him Petey. See weez GOOD friends now and he says I can just look up an talk at 'im an he'll get back to me. Guess ya might says I got an insider track :rotf: . (ne'er hurts [Irish thang])So Petey sent me home t' tell e'er one, :blah: "I's BAAACCKKKKK!!! :thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf:

Back