• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Virtual Woodswalk, Ends April 15th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you don't mind but I moved your spin-off topic to Accoutrements because I figgered there'd be more varied haversack "stuff" than shooting bag "stuff". :idunno:
Good thinkin' to spy in the other guys' bags before you head out on your own for the first time. Might even get some good ideas.

No problem I couldn't quite figure out where to put it myself.:idunno:

Good thinkin' to spy in the other guys' bags before you head out on your own
Well I'm a Brit.....Just keeping the ol' "Perfidious Albion" thing going. :rotf:

Well I'm a Brit.....Just keeping the ol' "Perfidious Albion" thing going. :rotf:
I don't speak English. :hmm: I'll have to Google it. :wink: GW

Please note; I have decided to include pre-1865 revolvers in the acceptable weapons due to a member request. :youcrazy: :haha:

I have been asked for clarification on the virtual pack. Here's what I wrote in case anyone else needs clarification.

This being a scenario type "woodswalk" there may be certain items that you will be asked if you "have" in your pack. If the item is on your list you might get an extra point, or possibly avoid a penalty. There is at least one situation where, if you do not have a certain item on your list, the contest could be over for you. You will not need to use the stuff in real life.
Since everyone has to send me their list of stuff before they get their packet of instructions and targets, nobody can cheat and say they had the stuff even if they never woulda thought of it.
There are still ways to cheat but it's just all for fun anyway.

Imagine you are a hunter/scout some time between 1750-1840 (except you can use a revolver if ya want) and you basically live in the woods for months at a time. You don't know if or when you might run into other people, or if they will be friendly. Your only mode of transportation is your own 2 feet. You have to carry everything you own. What would you bring along to survive in the woods?
BTW, don't figger on bringing any meat, you'll be shooting it.

Also, Everyone will receive an identical packet no matter what your choice of gear or firearm.

Please do not hesitate to ask any other questions you might have.
I might even have the answer. :idunno: :haha:

The first batch of packets went out in yesterdays mail. :thumbsup:

Don't wait until the last minute if you want to get in on this shoot. Gotta figger extra mailing time. PT me with those lists and addresses.

Yeah come on guys.
You are guaranteed you won't be last, I already picked that spot. (again) :rotf:
Heck I'm shootin' a pistol. :youcrazy:

FYI my package arrived today.
Much more comprehensive than I expected! (no I didn't peek where I shouldnta :nono: )

The accouterments made it hard to not do so though I wasn't expecting those, just forms & instructions. I can hardly wait for the wind to drop below 40~50Mph & the temp to raise just a little. :shocked2:

Jethro I haven't shot here in a wile can you send me a packet?
I would be into this shoot it looks very fun

Sure. Glad to have you in the contest. Just PT me your addy and your list of what you would have in your shooting bag and virtual pack. :thumbsup:

Just got done participating in yer woods walk Jethro. With out giving any thing away the best description i can come up with is "most excellent shooten contest yet !" :thumbsup: :bow: :grin: :hatsoff:

Sounds like you had fun. Glad you survived to make it back to the settlements. :thumbsup:

The weather is getting nicer. The days are getting longer. There's still plenty of time for getting in on this contest. And my wife just printed me up a stack of packets.
If you ain't in yet GET IN!

Thanks GW. Glad you enjoyed yourself. :thumbsup:

Anybody else??? There's still time to get in on this.

I have to agree. This was a very challenging contest with some interesting twists. :thumbsup: :youcrazy: :youcrazy: It's impossible to share without giving too much away to those who haven't shot yet. But if you can shoot with someone esle, I highly recommend it! :thumbsup: I'm sure all of us will have some fun incidents to share after the contest is over. I have pictures of Grey Whiskers on his woodswalk. I'll share later. :rotf: :grin:

Back