• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Virtual Woodswalk, Ends April 15th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well dang Jack. I got two things to say.

Jethro sure makes a tough challenge.

You sure like them smileys. :thumbsup:

Well I had FUN!

I know this has already ended . . . but . . . Jethro224 had offered to send me the "packet" as I had run my woodswalk that is in effect now, by him, as I had never done a real woodswalk, and missed out on his . . . I kinda wish that I had thought up some of his devious things to do on mine, but O'well!

Today was a bit windy, but it was the day to do this one for me!

I did not start out very good, as I forgot my patch knife! However, I always carry both a swiss army knife in my pocket, and a Buck 110 folder on my belt . . . I made do!

I supplied my own spoon, straw, and ballon too . . .

I'm kinda new at muzzleloading, and just last week started shooting out of a bag, and using my new horn . . . and the wobbly fiberglas ramrod . . . I normally use a steel range rod.

My first shot wasn't bad, a tad high . . . but a quick heel to the head finished the job! Yum!
WoodsWalk5.jpg

The creek crossing was very challenging for me, especially the seating the ball, all the while holding the gun out of the "water" What a pain . . . but I did it! :blah: Once I got it dried out . . . I left too much water in the flash channel, as I for some stupid reason didn't figure I needed to remove my nipple! Live (fortunately) and learn :redface: so . . . I ended up for the second try, removed the nipple, and trickled in some fresh powder . . . Blew the ballon up too! :grin:

I had some salve to put on my injured hand, so that made it a bit easier to continue on . . .

I kinda cheated, as I figured my clothes washer wife would not care for my rolling around on the ground . . . so, I found that I had an old towel in my car . . . so I laid on that! I figured laying down would make this one an "easy" shot . . . glad they didn't come and scalp me next!
WoodsWalk4-1.jpg

I dug out my second knife, so no worries! I always have more than I need, and spares are good! :wink:

Boy I sure blew this one, but . . . I carry "spares" so . . . what is a powder horn anyways, it was kinda ugly anyways! :wink:
WoodsWalk3-1.jpg

I always carry spares, and a way to make more . . . who would go around without a mold, and some lead? :idunno:

I sure felt like a turkey, this one got lucky, maybe tomorrow I'll catch it? (Of course here in AZ, shooting a turkey with a rifle is a no-no, so I didn't want to break any laws! :blah: )
WoodsWalk2-1.jpg

The Buffalo was kinda small . . . atleast I could hardly see it grazing at 50 yards . . . I figured it should grow some more . . . So I put one over its backside! :surrender:
WoodsWalk1-1.jpg

I did manage to nick the spoon though!

That sure was a tricky snake! And the ball on my heal reminded me the rest of the shoot not to trust them little devils!

I had 9 of the 13 items on the list, not bad for a beginner! :bow:

That lousy two legged varmint was tricky . . . I figured I had let the buffalo walk at 50 yards, but it didn't have a gun to shoot back, I made this one count! I didn't have a 2 liter soda bottle, so . . . I used a juice jug instead!
WoodsWalk2.jpg

This last one was fun! Took the head right off that old turtle, and spread his brains down into the bottle! I used a water bottle cuz I don't drink soda! Glad I took a sip of water before I shot! :rotf:
WoodsWalk3.jpg

WoodsWalk4.jpg

Over all I had a GREAT time, Not only did I "Survive", but . . . I learned I can do things I had not thought of, and when it was presented to me, I though "Yeah, Right"!

The only way I think this could have been better . . . would be if there was some more shooters with me to share in the laughter! :grin:

THANK YOU!

Latest posts

Back