• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Riegl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
:bow: I am looking for an H&A underhammer pistol---some times called a "boot Pistol." Any information will be gratefully received and I may find a place for you in my will as well. :rotf: :thumbsup:
HAPistol.jpg
[/img]

Whomsoever posted the now banned listing to an auction re: underhammer pistol---please PM me.

I have that site bookmarked; I can remember when that Underhammer pistol sold new for $36....does that date me or what??!! I think that was when they were closing them out, regular price was around $45 IIRC. Emery

First time I remember seeing them for sale in the early sixties, the price was $29.50 plus shipping, and that included (if I recall correctly) some balls, patches, caps, and 4 ounces of powder to get you started. Ah the Good Old Days.

I had thought about buying one or two of the UH pistols back then, but they really didn't appeal to me much.....back then. Hind sight is always 20-20.

Underhammers have been around a long time, no point grouping them with modern inlines. I don't care for H&A's version, but there were some interesting and decent enough looking original underhammer boot pistols in the day.

I have a book on underhammer boot pistols. The H&A looks a lot like some of the originals from 1840. If the underhammer pistol isn't acceptable neither is a sidelock. Of course I don't know why anyone would want to shoot anything but a flinter anyway :grin:

Many Klatch

Back