• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1858 sale at midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good price. My guess is its not moving because of case hardned and short barrel. Most Rems are fully blued and longer barrel.
Just my guess.
My guess is no one want to pay $50 to $100 for a box of caps. I have several cap and ball pistols. I bought conversion cylinders, bullet molds and reloading dies. Semper Fi.

I bought mine at Cabelas in Greenville, SC for $319 a couple of months ago while visiting my son. Haven’t seen them that cheap since.

I bought mine at Cabelas in Greenville, SC for $319 a couple of months ago while visiting my son. Haven’t seen them that cheap since.
I bought a Colt model 51 Pietta last Sunday at Cabella's here in Anchorage and it was $360.00 but the only one left was the display model in the show case I got for 324.00 with a few dents and scratches but nothing significant. I got them to remove the trigger lock in the gun Library so I could check the action and fitting more closely under good light.
The stuff that really matters ( fit and function) were present in this gun so I took it home. The arbor was end fit tight in the well bottom as I have been reading the factory is doing now. The bolt lock up in the frame window/ cylinder nocks was much tighter fit than my early models were and chamber/bore alignment was exceptional.
I got to thinking about cones/nipples which I like to replace with the vented models available and suspect the ones that come from the factory on the gun now days are vastly superior to what was available on the Colt originals.
I'm going to shoot these for awhile and re-appraise how well they work and last.

Last edited:
That’s great Mr. D. Im surprised they took off the trigger lock cause here they won’t. Highly recommend Slixshots as replacement nipples.

That’s great Mr. D. Im surprised they took off the trigger lock cause here they won’t. Highly recommend Slixshots as replacement nipples.
He would only remove it after we went into the gun Library and I had to keep the muzzle inside the bullet trap while working the action. There was no possibility of a ND of any kind.
I have the slixshot cones on several of my guns but wanted to test the current nipples Pietta is installing.

I just recently bought two guns from Kentucky Gun Co. and also in past years.

Was just ready this morning to order that 58 REM that’s was on sale from Midway and overnight that jacked the price up 25.00 bucks, but then again Midway always did Suck even with there no return policy + almost always they never ship an item in a real Box its always a dam Bag, real classy outfit…

Was just ready this morning to order that 58 REM that’s was on sale from Midway and overnight that jacked the price up 25.00 bucks, but then again Midway always did Suck even with there no return policy + almost always they never ship an item in a real Box its always a dam Bag, real classy outfit…
I have ordered several guns and related items from Midway and up to now, had no issues whatsoever. They ship super fast and the items were as described. No complaints from me at least for now.

My guess is no one want to pay $50 to $100 for a box of caps. I have several cap and ball pistols.
I started making Powder in 2019, bullets literally yesterday. I've done all the research on making caps and will start doing that soon. I found that unlike powder & ball, there is no single place to get a full set of instructions on the best way to do this. There is, for example, one critical ingredient that isn't mentioned anywhere in any official documentation on the capmaker, and one tool that makes it vastly easier to do.

(Duco Cement and and empty tray that large rifle/pistol primers came in)

I have ordered several guns and related items from Midway and up to now, had no issues whatsoever. They ship super fast and the items were as described. No complaints from me at least for now.
Cool.

Back