• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta or Uberti 1858 Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first BP revolver was a 1858 Remington that I think was made by Pietta. I had to sell it back in the mid 80's when money was tight. Now I want another Remington. What brand makes the best revolver now Pietta or Uberti? I want one in .44 with 8" barrel.
I have a 2019 Pietta NMA. After a trigger tune and minor action tune I was surprised with the kind a match grade result I only expected from my custom .36 Navy Remington. Unlike other NMA I have shot the 2019 had little cylinder binding Issues. Only after 4 cylinders it needs lube and wiping. Maybe
A Trigger tune and action tune mmmmmmm WOW ya don`t say I ask how do it do for you BEFORE all the work I WAS REFERRING TO. YES Pietta and Uberti are decent enough but still need work imagine that
Modern, Antique or reproduction. I tune all my guns to some degree with no exception. My match shooting practice regime leaves me with no patience for "poorly tuned guns". To me that`s any factory or even custom gun not tuned to my preferences. They all need tuning. Most won`t be shot at the range before they are tuned. Trigger tune at a minimum...c

Get a pietta and purchase it from EMF company. They
Are the only pietta owed importer in North America. They have the best customer service experience bar nun . The head gunsmith Charlie is just a phone call away and they will make good on parts extra screws etc.

This is what I had to do to the Pietta NMA Target to get it even close to point of aim (raised front sight) . That is a LOT of elevation change (it was shooting so high that I did not feel filing the rear notch was going to do it and I believe I am correct)

The rammer shape on the Pietta was wrong even for ball, it did a weird squish/ mash on it. It had no round shape at all, kind of a cross bar (it will now do balls and conicals decently after I cut it back a shade and profiled the interior)

That is a one off Pietta as that is the only one I have, so you need more owners to chime in. Its not accurate though I am going to try larger sized balls and have to see on various powder and load levels. Mid winter is not a good time for good testing.

I like the rear target sight but its funny it does not adjust to a sane height at 15 -25 yards. I don't know about Uberti but the screws are really soft (and metric)
Soft screws have been a common complaint about Italian replica guns for decades.
I don’t understand why the Italians can’t seem to get this right.
How hard could it be to properly harden batches of screws?

Midway had a killer sale on SS Ubertis a while back so I grabbed this one.

Flawless function, fit and finish are excellent, and I like how they hide the warnings under the barrel.

Attachments

• 0D12B2F3-A68B-451F-9019-E9657BF2B368.jpeg
    0D12B2F3-A68B-451F-9019-E9657BF2B368.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
It has been my experience that one drawback of the Remington is that spare cylinders are expensive and hard to come by.
Right now any Pietta bought from Taylor's comes with a spare cylinder.

I got a Remington "Ace" there, wasn't bad pricing after a coupon code and the customer service is great.

For pretty much any other guns I go with Uberti though

It has been my experience that one drawback of the Remington is that spare cylinders are expensive and hard to come by.

It depends on what you call expensive, I paid $65 for mine and not hard to fine nor come by.

Now a cylinder for a Uberti 47 Walker, yea that is a bit trendy.

Latest posts

Back