• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1858 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the 36 cal model?
At $357 after the discount and free shipping is a great deal. I have 2 Pietta 1858s in 44 and wanted a 36 so went with the Uberti cause the frame is closer in size to the original and doesn’t have the ugly writing on the barrel sides.

Where did you buy it at? I love my Uberti 1858. I just as accurate as my center fire revolvers. A 36 would be great in the same platform. I’d love to hear how it shoots when you do so.

Where did you buy it at? I love my Uberti 1858. I just as accurate as my center fire revolvers. A 36 would be great in the same platform. I’d love to hear how it shoots when you do so.
Midway has them, just got the notification it shipped out so looks like 3 days or so will arrive. I will post once I fire it.

You are gonna love that revolver!!! Mine is a peach holding more powder than my Colt repro’s. Gotta take care of the arbor pin tho as it has the tendency to get fouled faster than the Colts do. I put amsoil grease on the arbor pin … [ 100 % synthetic] … and can get several loadings and firings with no stopage due to a tight pin. Also I wipe the cylinder mouths with a slightly damp cloth each time I fire a cylinder full through it. Very nice revolver and this comes from a tried and true Colt guy.

congrats on the purchase of a very nice and smooth revolver.

You are gonna love that revolver!!! Mine is a peach holding more powder than my Colt repro’s. Gotta take care of the arbor pin tho as it has the tendency to get fouled faster than the Colts do. I put amsoil grease on the arbor pin … [ 100 % synthetic] … and can get several loadings and firings with no stopage due to a tight pin. Also I wipe the cylinder mouths with a slightly damp cloth each time I fire a cylinder full through it. Very nice revolver and this comes from a tried and true Colt guy.

congrats on the purchase of a very nice and smooth revolver.
I have two Pietta 58s and use Pam on the cylinder pin. Have shot over 50 rounds with no fowling and cylinder spinning freely.

Midway has them, just got the notification it shipped out so looks like 3 days or so will arrive. I will post once I fire it.
I got my Ubertis from Midway, too, and was 100% satisfied with them, and with the guns also. I did change out the factory nipples for Slixshots, with which I'm also 100% satisfied.

Last edited:
I have a Uberti 58 navy and like it a lot, but I had to tap the front sight over to the left quite a bit to get it to hit to point of aim.

Mine came in a couple of days ago in a Taylor’s box, great fit, finish and silky smooth action.
IMG_6402.jpeg

Finally made it to the range this morning. Shot about 18 paper cartridges and forgot to take my super duper cylinder pin lubricant aka Pam and the cylinder gummed up and got pretty stiff. When I use Pam in both my Pietta 58s I can shoot 50 rounds before noticing any binding. It shoots POA at 18 yards so very happy with that. This is a very good start with this brand new addition. I will be checking the internals for burs and will put on an action cover and add Mobil 1 synthetic grease to the internals as I have done to all my BO pistols.

IMG_6439.jpeg

Finally made it to the range this morning. Shot about 18 paper cartridges and forgot to take my super duper cylinder pin lubricant aka Pam and the cylinder gummed up and got pretty stiff. When I use Pam in both my Pietta 58s I can shoot 50 rounds before noticing any binding. It shoots POA at 18 yards so very happy with that. This is a very good start with this brand new addition. I will be checking the internals for burs and will put on an action cover and add Mobil 1 synthetic grease to the internals as I have done to all my BO pistols.

View attachment 242639
Oh man, she’s a ringer! What was your powder charge?

She’s pretty accurate once I figured out the POI. Used GOTW paper cartridge maker and 17 grains of Schuetzen topped with a .375 Hornady RB and a dab of my homemade lube.
I have two of these. One is marked Navy Arms, the other is marked Gregorelli and Uberti. Both are excellent shooters. Looks like you kno how to make them work!

Back