• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying to make a naval mount for my field cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dismount

40 Cal
Reaction score
I picked up some 3x3 rough oak blocking that on a load of red iron and sheet metal for a big building they were throwing out. It’s hard to transport a field piece. But much easier in a naval carriage. Anyone got any ideas I need to do let me know. Never did this before

Attachments

• IMG_3043.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3045.jpeg
    IMG_3045.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3044.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
You are welcome! Please keep us informed of your progress.
20230707_164912.jpg

I still need to make some "heavy" wheels for my little .50 cal. The washers are just place holders of the appropriate size. Touched it off and it flew back 3 feet! Have to bolt it to a block of cement!

William

I picked up some 3x3 rough oak blocking that on a load of red iron and sheet metal for a big building they were throwing out. It’s hard to transport a field piece. But much easier in a naval carriage. Anyone got any ideas I need to do let me know. Never did this before
After 2 more hours of using the jointer, got the cheeks bolted together. Man these 3x3 were super twisted
IMG_3060.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Back