• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions blunderbuss kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A blunderbuss can be a ‘fun’ gun. I believe the Traditions had a two piece barrel based on photographs of ones I have seen, though I have never handled one. Just an FYI, don’t see it impacting quality of performance.

I do have a Spanish made percussion blunderbuss with a 13” barrel. It’s close to 26 gauge with a .56” bore. LOP is around 12-1/2”. It is very PC and HC for the mid 1970s to the early 1980s I would guess. I take it to the range quite often and bring it out if any kids are showing interest in my muzzleloaders. With their parents permission I let them take a few shots. Load is 40 - 50 grains of blackpowder I believe (use a Lee dipper and forget which one), and an equal volume of 7-1/2 shot. It will bust clay pigeons at 20 yards with plenty of smoke. The kids think they’re Captain Jack as they blast away while theIr parents take photographs. The takeaway is that a short barrel smoothbore blunderbuss can be a lot of fun and teaching tool for youngsters. And the ‘big’ kids also love it.
1628625286394.jpeg

Latest posts

Back