• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TOTW type c frizen sprin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a frizen spring failure this weekend, and went to track of the wolfs for a replacement. Of course its on backorder. Just wondering if there's another source or spring that will work. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_084323425.jpg
    IMG_20211018_084323425.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20211018_084305239.jpg
    IMG_20211018_084305239.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 26
We could help @Weber better if we knew who made the lock. And yes, going to the lock manufacturer would have been my first choice in the search for a new lock spring. Even going through the lock manufacturer, the lock may have to be returned as internal lock designs change throughout the manufacturing life cycle.

In the mean time it is possible to wedge a piece of this
SPR_PAP70502.jpg

between the frizzed and what's left of the spring and make it work. A real PITA but it can be done.
Robby

I contaced TOTW today and found a spring pretty similar. The one for the jeager style lock looks close. The lady I talked to said it could be next week or 6 weeks for the backordered parts would come in. I also asked about about who manufacted the lock. she couldn't remember but it was not R E Davis.

That lock was originally sold by R.E. Davis. Larry Zorne of the Mold and Gun shop may have taken over that part of their lock business, and a huge improvement in the overall quality at that. You might call RE Davis, or Larry Zorne, they probably have springs on hand.
Robby

Back