• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Black Powder Shotguns Are Freaking Sweet!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely possible, but I did clean them pretty well before I shot. I cleaned them again yesterday, and I know they are spotless this time. I'll try them again and see if I still have an issue.

Thanks! I'll probably end up having to order real BP online and paying hazmat. All of the places around here that even stock black powder stuff, don't have actual black powder, a handful of them only have pellets.
What part of Tennessee are you looking? Not too terribly long ago Teds on the square in Columbia had some as did Steve's out on bear creek. Can't remember when, but it was after powder became hard to find. Good luck with it.

What part of Tennessee are you looking? Not too terribly long ago Teds on the square in Columbia had some as did Steve's out on bear creek. Can't remember when, but it was after powder became hard to find. Good luck with it.
I'm about an hour west of Nashville. Admittedly, I only moved here about a year ago, so I really don't know all that many places around here yet.

I started shooting black powder shotguns in the early sixties. I could shoot mine for 2&1/2 cents a shot while twelve gauge shells were 10 cents a shot.
I don't even want to know what it ends up costing me per shot today. I had to buy caps from a scalper, which cost more per cap than .22's cost a few years ago. Bismuth shot was $130 for 7 lbs. Pyrodex is about $30 a bottle.

Sad fact that now days you can shoot modern cheaper than muzzle loaders. Due to the increased costs of supplies. My boys like to shoot modern. 209 primers are cheaper than caps, Red dot powder is both cheaper than black and you only use 18 grain Red dot vs 75 grain FF black. You can reuse the plastic wads several times if you gather them up at the trap range, and the casings will last for several uses. Or if you don't reload Wally world sells modern cheap enough that you can often buy new cheaper than you can reload due to the high cost of shot, The only reason we reloaded the last two batches was we already had all of the components except for the shot.

Latest posts

Back