TN rifle done

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Wes/Tex

Cannon
Reaction score
Nothing to critique that I can see except why do some people have so much talent and all I've learned to do is play the radio?! :wink: Dang fine job! :thumbsup:

Wes/Tex

Cannon
Reaction score
Medic302 said:
fantasic work! but holy cats thats a big vent hole!
1/8" to 5/64" is about right for a touch hole to be sure the powder grains are close enough to the barrel/liner face to instantly catch the incandescent heat of the primer flare. A properly sized touch hole can look a bit imposing when you're used to seeing what passes for such on many production guns. :wink:

Daveco

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Congratulations- Well done!! A beautiful rifle build. :hatsoff: Although I'm fairly new to the sport, I have to say that these Tennessee style rifles are my favorite!!

Spikebuck

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful! :hatsoff:

Am I seeing the tang correctly in the picture...does it actually extend well up into the comb? There's reflection there, but I think I can see it extending up the nose into the comb. If so, that must have been a doosey to inlet!

Would love to hear more details of the gun and some pictures of the cheek piece side.

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A Very, Very NICE rifle! The wood is outstanding. The work you put into it is commensurate with the components.

I know nothing about the TN rifle, but of the few I have seen pictured, yours stands above them in quality. I would assume that the extended tang serves to strengthen the wrist and comb areas.

Well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mark Black

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Critique??? There is nothing to critique!! Beautiful rifle!! My only "critique" is that it's not hanging on my wall!! :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: I love the barrel tang by the way!

MSW

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
tremendous looking rifle! congrats on a beautiful execution of a fine design - here's hoping it shoots as well as it looks...

make good smoke!

:thumbsup: :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Group Builder