• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40 Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy fellers. Thinking about posting me beloved TC
40 with the Douglas barrel in the classified section. Found another I would rather have. Thought I would ask if there might be any interest before going to the trouble of taking pics and listing. Probably will be listed for 700.00ish shipped. Any thoughts?

Howdy fellers. Thinking about posting me beloved TC
40 with the Douglas barrel in the classified section. Found another I would rather have. Thought I would ask if there might be any interest before going to the trouble of taking pics and listing. Probably will be listed for 700.00ish shipped. Any thoughts?
My only thought is what kinda ritoofle could replace a Cherokee? I’m guessing it’s pretty sweet! I love my Cherokee’s

My only thought is what kinda ritoofle could replace a Cherokee? I’m guessing it’s pretty sweet! I love my Cherokee’s
I love that little rifle. Probably the most accurate round ball gun I've ever had. But I'm wanting a full stock flintlock .40 and, since I never really use it anymore, don't really need two in that caliber.. Should it sell I'm sure I will have some regrets but I'm a sucker for full stocked small caliber rifles. I usually terrorize the local squirrel population with my .36 so the .40 is just for fun anyway.

Well, this is just my take on it and it's not meant to be instructional or offensive. But if there is anybody in your family who has any mutual experience with you and the gun, it might be valuable to them. I know I have a couple that fit that description and even though it would be handy to convert them to dollars 💸 I'm hanging onto them to be left behind when I start my journey back to dust.

Well, this is just my take on it and it's not meant to be instructional or offensive. But if there is anybody in your family who has any mutual experience with you and the gun, it might be valuable to them. I know I have a couple that fit that description and even though it would be handy to convert them to dollars 💸 I'm hanging onto them to be left behind when I start my journey back to dust.
Good advice. Unfortunately nobody else in my family has any interest. I wish they did though.

Back