• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Tiny little necessity

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good evening y'all from here on Lake Eufaula. I just bought a kid sized Ardesa percussion rifle. It is missing the trigger adjustment screw. Help, please. Buy, trade plead, cry........... might even buy a trigger assembly WITH the screw. Dale

Good evening y'all from here on Lake Eufaula. I just bought a kid sized Ardesa percussion rifle. It is missing the trigger adjustment screw. Help, please. Buy, trade plead, cry........... might even buy a trigger assembly WITH the screw. Dale
Guessing you have double set triggers and you are looking for the adjustment screw between the triggers. If that’s the case, the triggers should work fine until you can find a replacement screw. Odds are, the trigger adjustment screw from a CVA or Traditions will fit if you can find one.

Guessing you have double set triggers and you are looking for the adjustment screw between the triggers. If that’s the case, the triggers should work fine until you can find a replacement screw. Odds are, the trigger adjustment screw from a CVA or Traditions will fit if you can find one.
Thanks. I will look at that possibility. I may have one stashed somewhere. The triggers work fine but if you set them, then from full cock to fire, there is a click delay at the half cock position. I Appreciate your help. Dale

If the triggers work fine when you set them, then from full cock to fire, there is a click delay at the half cock position, you likely have an issue with the fly in the lock, or maybe it is missing.

Hi Dale, ifvyou have no luck here, can you get the rifle down to a hardware store. If you can find the correct threads you may be able ti fashion one up...best of luck!

It will be a metric fastener- once you figure out the diameter and thread pitch it should be easy enough to track down

Dale I had this problem with a traditions Crockett, I had to polish the lock and fly face. No more hiccup.

If you have or know someone who might have some old computers there are probably screws in those that fit. M3 is a common size, Ive used that on a couple.

Hi Dale, ifvyou have no luck here, can you get the rifle down to a hardware store. If you can find the correct threads you may be able ti fashion one up...best of luck!
Ace Hardware stores usually have a special assortment box with small screws common to guns and scope rings and mounts.
Do not know if they include metric screw sizes that your imported gun probably needs.

Take the trigger assembly to a well equiped hardware store, go to the nuts and bolts section, and find the right size screw for the job. If necessary, cold blue the screw or, by hanging it over some ammonia in a closed container for a day or two, blacken it..

That screw is usually 6-32, 6-40 or if metric, 4-1.75. Take the trigger assembly with you to the hardware store and match the screw. Then cut it to size. Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back