• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For Sale - Parts Billingshurst Action from Casting Set with BRC Barrel $650 + Shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
components of a muzzleloader
Reaction score
Up for for your consideration is a project I started but have decided to part ways with. Still too many irons in the fire..
I bought this action as a casting set from one of the forum members here maybe about a year or so ago. Since then I have file and rough polished the action, heat treated the main spring, got the trigger and hammer functional (the sears are hardened), fitted the action to the barrel, and drilled for the nipple (1/4-28).
The action still needs the tang screws drilled, the hammer needs the 1/16'' diameter pin to catch on the main spring as it is cocked (you may choose to fill this hole and re-drill as it is a little off). There is a little ouch on the side of the bottom tang but I believe this could be filed out. The action can be taken down from the breech plug via tapered pin.
The barrel is from Borchardt Rifle Company out of New Mexico. They specialize in barrels for BPCR and are very good quality. I intended this rifle to be a benchrest bullet gun which is why I used their barrel. The barrel is 45 caliber with 1:18 twist, it tapers from 1.305 at the breech to 1.275 at the muzzle and barrel length is approx. 28-1/2''.
The barrel has been polished on 5 out of the 8 flats the full length. The octagon contour is milled smooth enough that the remaining three flats can be struck with 120 grit to start and don't need draw filing first. The barreled action weighs approx. 10.5lbs according to bathroom scales.

Price is $650 plus actual shipping cost. You get what you see in the pictures. If you don't want the barrel I will sell the action separate for $300 plus actual shipping cost. Not particularly interested in trades on this one. Personal check or money order is good.
If I am missing something please let me know, and please ask questions if you have them. Thank you
Full Length.jpg
Action.jpg
Bottom Tang Ouch.jpg
Action #3.jpg
Action #2.jpg

That is just a matter of the cone of the nipple size and the cap size. The cones of nipples do vary in size but not
very much. I use bench rest nipples with a long threaded shank. My barrel is 1 1/4" across the flats and 20"
long on that one. I buy nipples from Log Cabin for that purpose.
Any standard 1/4 x 28 nipple should be a good match.
I have another under hammer and do not have a problem with that one either.
Barry

Back